What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Seeing as navigation is a key part of Audaxing, I feel it important to point out that Uffculme is in Devon, not Somerset.
Oh dear. You are of course right. In my defence, it's only just inside Devon (but I should know better).

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I am sure all the organizers have a copy of my work rota and conspired to only put rides within 100 miles of my house when I am working.
I have entered a Mark Rigby perm ,Benjamin Allens Spring tonic 200 so something to look forward to.

OP
OP
goody

goody

Veteran
Rode the route of Mr. Pickwick's Autumnal Outing yesterday the Audax is on 15th October 206K from Tewkesbury. Really nice route. Lots of nice country lanes can't remember any horrendous climbs, descent into Winchcombe is interesting especially with temporary traffic lights halfway down.
The AAAnfractuous might be the next one I enter. Seem to be having trouble making plans and sticking to them at the moment!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
My next AUK event might be my mate Sarah's in November. The baker-cum-café in Bampton seems keen for business even though a modest number of entrants does stretch their facilities to the limit. It's a nice trip round East Devon and a bit of Somerset.

In the meantime I shall be helping at the Border Castles 200, next weekend, now in memory of organiser and intrepid randonneur, Nik Peregrine, who died earlier this year. It's a fine route around the border country of South Wales.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Winchcombe Falling Leaves on Oct 2nd ..... if I've recovered from tomorrow's maiden hundred miler by then!
The organiser says there will be "several steep hills", and I have a horrible feeling that one of them might be in the first couple of miles, and might be one of the very few hills where I have ever got off and walked. Oh dear!

Winchcombe Falling Leaves on Oct 2nd ..... if I've recovered from tomorrow's maiden hundred miler by then!
The organiser says there will be "several steep hills", and I have a horrible feeling that one of them might be in the first couple of miles, and might be one of the very few hills where I have ever got off and walked. Oh dear!
AAA 1.75 (audax altitude award). Means that it is lumpy. Cheddar is 0.

Good luck. No shame in walking.

Spartak