What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Not even a discussion on what colour valve caps for early winter rides ? ^_^:tongue:

Paul.

OH MY GOD, MINE ARE BLACK!!! Is that allowed under Audax rules?!?

:whistle:

Noru

My weekends have all been switched round. Sunday the 9th is now the only day the Mrs & I have off at the same time this month, so no Seasons of Mists for me. But I have entered The Clwyd Gate [138km] on the 15th.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
There seems to be a dearth of 100km audaxes in my area for the rest of the year. Will probably have to make up my own century rides for November and December. Looking forward to the Windrush Winter warm-up in January .... a real must-do ride in my calendar.

Tilley

Über Member
Did that last year. Cheddar Gorge at about 40 miles in, followed by hills, hills and more hills .... then Dundry!
I found it the toughest 100km I have done so far, but a really nice route. Will do it again another year.
Barely managed to complete the Tasty Cheddar this year on my recumbent trike, first ever Audax but it hasn't put me off entirely I am hoping to enter the Jack and Grace Cotton Memorial Audax on 28th January.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Barely managed to complete the Tasty Cheddar this year on my recumbent trike, first ever Audax but it hasn't put me off entirely I am hoping to enter the Jack and Grace Cotton Memorial Audax on 28th January.
Yes, that's a nice one. The year I did it, it was blighted by ice between Thornbury and Berkeley, but I had to do it as it ran through my own patch in Gloucestershire. I'll be opting for the Windrush Winter Warm-up on the same weekend, myself ... a truly stunning route through the Cotswolds.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Probably not actually my next, but I seem to have got myself an entry for the Bryan Chapman Memorial – not ridden it since 2013. Still my favourite as it was my first ever 600 back in 1993.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I seem to have got myself an entry for the Bryan Chapman Memorial
Pleased to say, after slight wobble when I posted the entry and then later that day saw that RT had put 'Entries now closed', I too have a BCM 600 entry (e-mail yesterday). It will be interesting to compare and contrast it with your KSW 600 which I thoroughly enjoyed (with success) last year. Suspect that 150+ riders and the implicit demand at King's will contrast with the smooth running of the Bude church hall (midnight-5am @375km). And the Menai control will struggle to be as good as the KSW Penzance control run by the irrepressible brigade of Audax Kernow volunteers.
So not my next one (probably Exeter Wheelers' Coast and Quantocks 200) but my 2017 600. Leading up to Mille Pennines in early July (hopefully successfully this time, learning lessons from the 2016 epic) and then (dependent on getting an entry next week), maybe LEL.

Last edited:

Noru

Ive signed up for my first permenant the short but hilly Widdop 50 as a winter training ride.

The next calendar event I'm eyeing up is the flat 150 Radway as I build up to my first 200 this summer. Hopefully I can get the day off.

Top Bottom