What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Considering the Mini North-West Passage as my first Audax but getting a bit nervous about hills and timing!
http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/17-47/
The mini NW was my first a few years ago. It's a good route and the cafe stop in Waddington was spot on. I'm no climber, but the cut off time was no problem. In fact, a benefit of the 200 also running the same day, is that there are people at the arrive till late on, so if you had a big mechanical or something you'd still be able to get back for the pie and peas (which were excellent and hit the spot).

k_green

The mini NW was my first a few years ago. It's a good route and the cafe stop in Waddington was spot on. I'm no climber, but the cut off time was no problem. In fact, a benefit of the 200 also running the same day, is that there are people at the arrive till late on, so if you had a big mechanical or something you'd still be able to get back for the pie and peas (which were excellent and hit the spot).
Thanks for the encouragement! I think I'm going to enter, study the route, do some extra hills then try make myself bite the bullet!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It seems I'm in for Arthur's Primrose thingy next month. Arthur's very proud of the number of near-vertical hills and grotty lanes on the route. Ice is the only extra ingredient required to make it perfect.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Just tried to get on the Flapjack in February and found it is sold out. Then tried for Barry's Bristol Blast in April. Same story, after being diverted to another website. Thankfully managed to book a place on the Character Coln in March. What is going on? .... A sudden upsurge in interest in audaxes? Book in plenty of time, guys.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The Bristol ones always sell out quickly. But I am noticing more early entries for my events this year. Perhaps it's the LEL effect.

U

User482

11/3 Wells, Mells & an Old Rail Trail
2/4 Barry's Bristol Ball Buster
6/5 South Glos 100

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Flapjack 100 Chippenham.
I planned to E.C.E. it from Chepstow but still not fully recovered from flu so may not do the ECE bit.
Would have liked to do the new Wells Mells and old Rail Trail but its on same day as Making Hay 200 from Cardiff.

Redlight

Man of Kent 200 in March is the next calendar event that I have in the diary but I'll actually be riding the route sometime around the end of this month/start of the next one as well, as I've promised to check it for the organiser. It's a great day out!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Character Coln from Andoversford in March. One of my favourites, and a nice one to bring up my Brevet 2000 badge with. They always give you a choice of return routes .... "High Level" or "Retrace". I've done both versions now, and will stick with the easier (though it doesn't sound it) "High Level". The "Retrace" return route wiped me out last year!

iZaP

Über Member
Man of Kent 200 in March is the next calendar event that I have in the diary but I'll actually be riding the route sometime around the end of this month/start of the next one as well, as I've promised to check it for the organiser. It's a great day out!

I'm doing man of kent as well! looking forward to it!

Top Bottom