What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I shall grind round the Coast & Quantocks in just over a week. It's my training for longer events.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'll come out of hibernation with the Yorkshire Gallop on the 25th, then follow it with the Port Navigation the following week.

Just wish I wasn't carrying as much winter ballast :blush:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Coast & Quantocks
Mad-march-coasts-and-quantocks for me too. Down to the English Channel at Budleigh, then all the way up to Blue Anchor and Watchet on the North Devon coast, round the north end of the Quantocks and up and over, eye-watering descent to Crowcombe (NB what goes down must have gone up) and south back to Exeter. The start across Redhayes Bridge (over the M5) is as featured on the cover of a recent Arrivee.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Jelly Babies your obviously a man of good taste.^_^

Doing the Making Hay 200 from cardiff gate tommorow.Cant ride next weekend .
The Wells and Mells looks interesting ,maybe next year.

Good ride today? Hopefully your health is on the up. It'd be good to see you out with your Dragon jersey. Not jealous at all. The Wells & Mells & an Old Rail Trail was great. Really well put together. Lovely route on my Disc Trucker and 1.5 AAA points in the bag so I am pleased with the pain I'm going through right now.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Good ride today? Hopefully your health is on the up. It'd be good to see you out with your Dragon jersey. Not jealous at all. The Wells & Mells & an Old Rail Trail was great. Really well put together. Lovely route on my Disc Trucker and 1.5 AAA points in the bag so I am pleased with the pain I'm going through right now.
Glad you enjoyed it .If it didnt clash with the cardiff ride I would have entered.
Great ride yesterday on the Making Hay.

Was hillier than I remembered but plenty of faster bits to make up for it.I was the last one back and had 45 minutes spare.Had one fairy visit near Grossmount I am using Michelin Krylions which have been quite good .They seem hard wearing nice to ride on and not many fairy visits.

Theres a new ride or resurrected older ride in Bristol on june 24th .called Avon Cycleway 130.The organizer is Rob Baird so Im sure it will be a great event.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Glad you enjoyed it .If it didnt clash with the cardiff ride I would have entered.
Great ride yesterday on the Making Hay.

Was hillier than I remembered but plenty of faster bits to make up for it.I was the last one back and had 45 minutes spare.Had one fairy visit near Grossmount I am using Michelin Krylions which have been quite good .They seem hard wearing nice to ride on and not many fairy visits.

Theres a new ride or resurrected older ride in Bristol on june 24th .called Avon Cycleway 130.The organizer is Rob Baird so Im sure it will be a great event.

Good start. I've pencilled the Avon Cycleway into my diary. I would like to start upping my distances.

For next Sunday's Mad March excursion, I may just go down on Saturday and stay at a nearby campsite and make a weekend of it. Crealy Meadows seems like the closest. Anyone know better? Thanks.

U

User482

Great, wasn't it! Some of those climbs were properly steep. I have the 200km LVIS audax next, and I may enter the Raglan Castle audax from Bath (in July).

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Great, wasn't it! Some of those climbs were properly steep. I have the 200km LVIS audax next, and I may enter the Raglan Castle audax from Bath (in July).
Too right, The Wells and Mells route was brilliant and a lot of steep climbs, harder than Gospel Pass 150km previous weekend. Tried doing half our club ride yesterday (50km and 600m), got PR for my slowest time ever on Burrington Coombe :laugh: Washed all my lycra today so can't go out :whistle: :sun:LVIS next for me too, shorter route.

U

User482

Too right, The Wells and Mells route was brilliant and a lot of steep climbs, harder than Gospel Pass 150km previous weekend. Tried doing half our club ride yesterday (50km and 600m), got PR for my slowest time ever on Burrington Coombe :laugh: Washed all my lycra today so can't go out :whistle: :sun:LVIS next for me too, shorter route.
I didn't get out at all, so you did better than me. Mini User482 stated that she wanted to do junior Parkrun on her own, which was a relief, given the potential for me being dropped by a five year old on a 2km course.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Snap! I've just finished downloading the Man of Kent GPX and having a ponder

Except I didn't say "Hmmm". I said "No chance!"

To be fair I've had the MoK on my radar for at least the last 5 years and never done it. I did get as far as entering it once but ended up tweaking something on a commute a couple of days before

MoK is next up on my calendar too. I'll probably be riding to the start, as I usually do, but getting the train home afterwards.

If the distance is putting you off, don't let it - it's about as easy as a 200km bike ride could be, just two hills early on, then flat for the rest of the way. But also a lovely route, not as dull as the flatness might suggest.

martint235

Dog on a bike
MoK is next up on my calendar too. I'll probably be riding to the start, as I usually do, but getting the train home afterwards.

If the distance is putting you off, don't let it - it's about as easy as a 200km bike ride could be, just two hills early on, then flat for the rest of the way. But also a lovely route, not as dull as the flatness might suggest.
It's not the 200km bit it's the 50 miles to the start and back that's put me off. I'm sure it used to start in Otford or somewhere similar that was much better for me.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's not the 200km bit it's the 50 miles to the start and back that's put me off. I'm sure it used to start in Otford or somewhere similar that was much better for me.

Always started from Golden Green. I think you're thinking of the Kent Grimpeur which starts at Otford

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Anyone doing The Shark? It looks very tough, but as it's a really easy ride from home to the start I've decided to go for it. With over 3,000m climb I fear I may be dicing with the cut off time. I'm planning a slightly shortened (100 mile) practice run on Saturday to see just exactly how slow I am.

It's the distance to the start that puts me off, not the distance of the whole route. I'd have to get up at some ungodly hour and ride about 70k to get to the start. I looked at the train times, but no luck.

Top Bottom