What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toontra

Veteran
A warning to those doing the Shark. Don't go worrying about hills with names like Toys and Hogtrough. They aren't the problem. It's the rest of the buggers you have to watch out for. They're relentless. The whole fecking route is uphill.

I rode a shortened version of the route with the dangly bit to the coast chopped off yesterday.

That's the route I've done a couple of times too. Start back northwards where the out & back cross over at Muddles Green. As you say, still bloody hilly!

Redlight

Anyone in for the Three Down this Saturday?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
For myself, @Trickedem and @smutchin tomorrow. The Oasts and Coasts 300KM

Untitled.png

Trickedem

Guru
Good to meet you in the splendidly tattooed flesh at last, even if it was very briefly.

I presume you stopped in Heathfield instead of Uckfield, or was it the tactical second breakfast manoeuvre?
We thought it looked a bit busy in Ukfield. It was good to see all the riders coming past.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
We thought it looked a bit busy in Ukfield. It was good to see all the riders coming past.

It was busy indeed but I was impressed with how Poppins coped with the numbers - really excellent and friendly service.

Skuhravy

Veteran
Possibly the Mosstrooper 300 (which is a great ride), but more likely the Hot Trod 400 from Kirkley Cycles, near Ponteland, which I really enjoyed last year. Especially with the village hall control at Coldstream - a sleep stop on a 400 is a wonderful luxury.

Top Bottom