What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 442275 Thrown off the bike this morning after hitting something,four broken ribs a punctured lung and a fractured hip socket means I will be of the bike for awhile
Best o'luck with the recovery. Hope it's a fairly smooth recovery as well.

Thanks everyone :okay:
back at home now and trying not to fall down the stairs whilst wobbling about on crutches :rolleyes: also talked to the runner who witnessed the crash and he is as confused as myself as to why I came off, he says the road undulates somewhat there but nothing major and that I did a classic loop over the handlebars as if I had hit something but he could see nothing obvious so I am none the wiser .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
View attachment 442275 Thrown off the bike this morning after hitting something,four broken ribs a punctured lung and a fractured hip socket means I will be of the bike for awhile
I went out for a ride with @Littgull last week and crashed on black ice. I swear that as I was falling that post of yours flashed through my mind... I landed heavily on my left side and slid along the road. When I came to a halt I flexed my left leg and left arm to see if I had broken anything but, fortunately, I got away with it!

I think what saved me was the whole side of my body taking the impact, thus reducing the impact force on any one body part. The fact that it happened so quickly meant that I didn't have time to react and stick my hand out. I think that doing so might easily have led to a broken arm or wrist.

Thanks everyone :okay:
back at home now and trying not to fall down the stairs whilst wobbling about on crutches :rolleyes: also talked to the runner who witnessed the crash and he is as confused as myself as to why I came off, he says the road undulates somewhat there but nothing major and that I did a classic loop over the handlebars as if I had hit something but he could see nothing obvious so I am none the wiser .
Strange... Anyway, be careful on those crutches!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
and slid along the road.

That's about the only good thing that can be said about a fall on black ice.

The lack of friction with the road reduces graze and scuff injuries.

When I fell I reckon it also made for a less severe landing because the energy was dissipated more gradually as I slid along the road rather than all at once had I stopped where I landed.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Kelvedon Oyster this weekend... free tee and Oyster (if you like them!) featuring our own currency! I'll be ECE from home but it's also ECE friendly from London (and bonus that the trains are running too!)

UfkiT9rO_o.jpg

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
The Windrush Winter Warm-up. 3rd Feb. One of my favourites and I've talked a few others into joining me this time. Should guarantee I struggle to stay awake for the whole of the Superbowl this year, however good it is.

Whilst sitting here waiting for Dr to call me back, as I still havn't 100% balance back after vertigo on boxing day.
I have signed up for my first ever audax, the Cambridge Pork Pie 200k. Hope I don't regret it only ridden once this year
so far and it wasn't pleasent due to balance issues.

Top Bottom