What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Winter Solstice 200 on the 23 Dec and then the Newport 200 in January and the start of PBP qualifying though I'm still not to sure if I'm going to enter .

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Due to annoying elbow pains After a year of not doing rides of more than about 30 miles at a time I am hoping to start again.

if the elbows flare up again that will be audaxng finished for me. Struggling to get my jacket off at the end of a ride really takes the gloss off it.

I have changed my bike for a slightly shorter top tube so elbows remain bent more easily and started on cod liver oil tablets so fingers crossed .

Annoying thing is I had all sorts of audaxing plans for my first few years of retirement , moral is dont wait just do it.

Would like to do another Carmarthen Snapper which would be about Snapper number 8 for me if I do . Best 200 there is IMHO.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Due to annoying elbow pains After a year of not doing rides of more than about 30 miles at a time I am hoping to start again.

if the elbows flare up again that will be audaxng finished for me. Struggling to get my jacket off at the end of a ride really takes the gloss off it.

I have changed my bike for a slightly shorter top tube so elbows remain bent more easily and started on cod liver oil tablets so fingers crossed .

Annoying thing is I had all sorts of audaxing plans for my first few years of retirement , moral is dont wait just do it.

Sorry to hear that Banjo. I hope you find a solution to the problem.

Banjo

Thanks Ian. I shouldnt complain too much .Plenty of people would love to be able to do what I still can and I am hoping it was something temporary .

Banjo

Thanks for that HC .I'm hoping my Felt is going to be relaxed enough it has a high front end and smoother ride on 28c tyres at 75psi. Still gives me the down in the drops option in a headwind.

Probably do a couple of 100k rides soonish and see how it goes.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Thanks for that HC .I'm hoping my Felt is going to be relaxed enough it has a high front end and smoother ride on 28c tyres at 75psi. Still gives me the down in the drops option in a headwind.

Probably do a couple of 100k rides soonish and see how it goes.

Good stuff. One of the flat barrers has aero bars which he reclines on. Goes smartly along at a decent pace too.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Sorry to hear of your troubles, @Banjo . Let's hope you can get something sorted ASAP and you'll be back out there in the hills soon. I still owe you a tour of the best of the Cotswolds some time, and I'd love to join you on another Welsh mountain ride in the Spring. Hope everything works out well for you soon. If you remember, I once came close to quitting due to neck problems, and it was all sorted by repositioning my brake levers. There often seems to be a bike fitting solution to these things. All the best.

Winter Solstice 200 on the 23 Dec and then the Newport 200 in January and the start of PBP qualifying though I'm still not to sure if I'm going to enter .
3D7CB584-590E-441F-B1A5-48B72D5ED369.jpeg Thrown off the bike this morning after hitting something,four broken ribs a punctured lung and a fractured hip socket means I will be of the bike for awhile

Top Bottom