What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Audax completed today ECEd up to 200km. Wind was ok strong but gusts didn’t affect bike and me at all. But my god the rain, haven’t had heavy rain for that long in a long long time.
Did you do the Brazier's 100 yesterday? Just been reading a ride report on Facebook by Herts Audax.

(Edited to add link)

Last edited:

fossala

Guru
Bike all ready for tomorrow’s ECE’d yo-yo. Plan on setting off at 2:30am, 135k there arriving at 7am. Time to charge my phone and stuff my face before the start. I’m aiming to get finish the Calendar at 4pm and catch the train back from Plymouth at 8pm. The route is 418k unless I miss the last train, then it’ll be around 500k...

Anyone else doing it?

Attachments

• DFE1E73A-13AF-4C0E-8E95-60AB548B81C9.jpeg
    DFE1E73A-13AF-4C0E-8E95-60AB548B81C9.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 5

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Bike all ready for tomorrow’s ECE’d yo-yo. Plan on setting off at 2:30am, 135k there arriving at 7am. Time to charge my phone and stuff my face before the start. I’m aiming to get finish the Calendar at 4pm and catch the train back from Plymouth at 8pm. The route is 418k unless I miss the last train, then it’ll be around 500k...

Anyone else doing it?
Me. But just the event, none of this 'epic' stuff. ;)

fossala

Guru
Me. But just the event, none of this 'epic' stuff. ;)
Fixed?
Edit: I remember my first Audax maybe 5 years ago. It was Mad March, a river too far. I saw you for the first time on fixed and thought you where nuts! I’d also consider multiple RRtY “epic”, not to mention all your AAA points. How many SRs have you done? I think you’re pretty epic by anyone’s standards.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
I’d also consider multiple RRtY “epic”, not to mention all your AAA points. How many SRs have you done?
If Ian does 11 more SRs he'll have done one half the years of his life, YMMV.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I've done a little ride report on my first ever audax completed yesterday. It was a bit windy.

Link
Thought I'd copy here too:

Utterly brilliant. Fantastic writing skills and you captured the essence of audax to a T. The number of times I've said to myself "normal people are home warm and dry having a nice breakfast at 11am after a lie in, why do I do this?" Often a much bluer paraphrased outpouring muttered under my breath. But the sense of achievement, the fantastic camaraderie (and often I'm at the back on my own but I still "belong") the stunning routes and friendly organisers and the sense of achievement, did I say that already? I think that's referred to as Type 2 fun. Some days there isn't even an awful point, and the cake!! Did I mention cake? The routine of finding a monthly audax to enter, or a permanent or DIY when not possible, really keeps the enthusiasm and fitness levels up. Never ever say "never again" on the day. i have many times, and by the morning I'm planning the next one :laugh:

Just brilliant, very well done. 👍^_^💪🏆
1f4a8-png.png
and I just accidentally found out symbols can be changed in size, so I scaled wind to match.
I'm entered for "Wells and Mells and Broader" again next weekend. I absolutely said "never again" last year after scraping in with seconds to spare, the gale solo headwind to Yeovil, the hills. The sense of achievement. :wacko: It's an addiction.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Thought I'd copy here too:

Utterly brilliant. Fantastic writing skills and you captured the essence of audax to a T. The number of times I've said to myself "normal people are home warm and dry having a nice breakfast at 11am after a lie in, why do I do this?" Often a much bluer paraphrased outpouring muttered under my breath. But the sense of achievement, the fantastic camaraderie (and often I'm at the back on my own but I still "belong") the stunning routes and friendly organisers and the sense of achievement, did I say that already? I think that's referred to as Type 2 fun. Some days there isn't even an awful point, and the cake!! Did I mention cake? The routine of finding a monthly audax to enter, or a permanent or DIY when not possible, really keeps the enthusiasm and fitness levels up. Never ever say "never again" on the day. i have many times, and by the morning I'm planning the next one :laugh:

Just brilliant, very well done. 👍^_^💪🏆
View attachment 505946 and I just accidentally found out symbols can be changed in size, so I scaled wind to match.
I'm entered for "Wells and Mells and Broader" again next weekend. I absolutely said "never again" last year after scraping in with seconds to spare, the gale solo headwind to Yeovil, the hills. The sense of achievement. :wacko: It's an addiction.
I'm not sure that wind emoji is big enough... :laugh:

Enjoy your audax. My fingers and toes are crossed that the weather is perfect for you - I really, really, really mean that.
🌞💨

EDIT - I can't find how to scale the emojis, but the sun is font size 30 and the wind is 8. You'll have to use your imagination ^_^

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I'm not sure that wind emoji is big enough... :laugh:

Enjoy your audax. My fingers and toes are crossed that the weather is perfect for you - I really, really, really mean that.
🌞💨

EDIT - I can't find how to scale the emojis, but the sun is font size 30 and the wind is 8. You'll have to use your imagination ^_^
I highlighted and stretched it accidentally (it had a square around it so could stretch from corner in normal manner, not the filled in square when about to copy/delete etc) but now I can't repeat it! We may have to copy and paste that large wind whenever we need it again :laugh:

I'm trying not to look at long range forecast and get my hopes up as forecasts change.

Top Bottom