Wheel upgrade Giant defy 0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Looking to upgrade from stock wheels on defy 0 2015 any advice be welcomed .
Nowt wrong with the standard wheels on a Defy 0.
Doubt you would notice the difference if you swapped them for anything costing less than £600 - 700 and even then it would probably be subjective.
Mate of mine just spent a £1000 on a pair of Zipp 303s for his Scott Foil and I can still blow him away up a hill on my £200 Wilier hybrid.:laugh:
Save your money and put it towards a new bike in a year or two.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Nowt wrong with the standard wheels on a Defy 0.
Doubt you would notice the difference if you swapped them for anything costing less than £600 - 700 and even then it would probably be subjective.
Mate of mine just spent a £1000 on a pair of Zipp 303s for his Scott Foil and I can still blow him away up a hill on my £200 Wilier hybrid.:laugh:
Save your money and put it towards a new bike in a year or two.
Yer but,
My mate in his ford mondeo is a better faster driver than me, doesn't mean I can't own a Ferrari if I can afford it ^_^
Whether I can utilise the performance is irrelevant.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Yer but,
My mate in his ford mondeo is a better faster driver than me, doesn't mean I can't own a Ferrari if I can afford it ^_^
Whether I can utilise the performance is irrelevant.
By all means change your wheels if you feel the need for a vanity project. We're all guilty of doing things like that; but it won't magically improve your performance to that of a cycling God.
There's a world of difference between a set of wheels off a £99 Sports Direct special and those off a decent high end road bike from a well known manufacturer. Just don't expect much difference between anything in the middle ground.

S-Express

No, you will be right when you prove that one bicycle wheel bearing cannot be inherently faster or slower than another. As you questioned here:
So, all of this is a result of you completely misunderstanding what I wrote. I find that equally comforting, tbh... :laugh:

I was asking you why you might think that? I never once suggested that one might be 'faster' than another, but you clearly missed the inference. I'll try to be clearer next time, so as not to embarrass you again ;)

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
So, all of this is a result of you completely misunderstanding what I wrote. I find that equally comforting, tbh... :laugh:

I was asking you why you might think that? I never once suggested that one might be 'faster' than another, but you clearly missed the inference. I'll try to be clearer next time, so as not to embarrass you again ;)
What does this mean then?
No. Why would bearings of one design be inherently 'faster' than bearings of another design?

S-Express

What does this mean then?

It means:

rooster1 postulated (see post #19) whether wheels with sealed bearings might spin faster than cup/cone. My reply is there. It is basically a response asking him why he might think that. There was no inference or implication that one might be faster than the other. I simply invited him to enlarge on his comment. Fans of dentistry will be loving this exchange...

r04DiE

It means:

rooster1 postulated (see post #19) whether wheels with sealed bearings might spin faster than cup/cone. My reply is there. It is basically a response asking him why he might think that. There was no inference or implication that one might be faster than the other. I simply invited him to enlarge on his comment. Fans of dentistry will be loving this exchange...
Yes, and I replied with one reason why one might be faster than the other. The rest is down to you.

r04DiE

smutchin is not my dad - but he does appear to be someone who is as confused about your posts as I am.
OK, enough. You are probably a very nice person to meet, so let's leave this here. I have to say that your sarcastic and sneering persona on here doesn't do you any favours but I am sure you're not like that in the flesh. So let's leave it at that, shall we?

S-Express

I have to say that your sarcastic and sneering persona on here

As opposed to your arrogant and dismissive persona, which was accentuated by you not reading my posts properly. yeah, great. I speak as I find, mate. Sorry about that.

Top Bottom