Wheelie cyclist in incident with car.

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by Cycleops, 16 Aug 2019 at 10:03.

Tags:
  1. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

2. DCBassman

DCBassman Veteran

Cyclist was a plonker.

Milzy, Saluki, C R and 3 others like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

True, but I think the Merc driver could have given him more room around the truck as he could have forseen a problem.

4. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

yup... cyclist brought it on himself... a foolish act.

5. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Yes, a foolish act by the cyclist, but I think the driver saw it as a golden opportunity to punish him.

sleuthey, boydj, Glow worm and 3 others like this.
  6. PK99

PK99 Guru

Both are dickheads - Cyclist and Jeremy Vine!

Cuchilo, plantfit and Venod like this.
  7. sheddy

sheddy Guru

Slow down for Street Art

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Nob on a bike - even more of a nob filming it and being identified. I also see that one of his mates vandalised the Merc star on the bonnet.

Clever lad putting that on youtube.....

Milzy, GilesM, RoadRider400 and 4 others like this.
  9. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

Kids on bikes are being silly and dangerous certainly - but look at the wheel/position of that car when it comes to a stop.

The driver didn't hold his line but chose to shut the kid down by using his car to swerve closer to the truck. He could have eased off a little to accommodate the young idiot without risking life & limb. The imbalance of power is JV's point here. The kid might have scratched the car bodywork but the driver could have easily killed the kid.

I 100% believe these idiots need to be stopped somehow - but surely it is not proportionate to deliberately risk killing or seriously injuring them?

What if the truck had carried on rolling as the kid was knocked off underneath it ?

I thought the driver was brave getting out of the car, as it showed the kids he wasn't scared - but this can lead to a knife in the guts as a 52 yr old father in Newcastle who appears to have stood up to some youngsters in a shopping centre.

Should society encourage drivers to run over other road users as punishment for reckless acts ?

Slick, boydj, Mrs M and 3 others like this.
  10. fossyant

Problem is, many drivers will 'punish' cyclists.

I regularly see teens wheelying up and down the A57 in Gorton at rush hour (pedal bikes and illegal trials bikes). They seem to get away with it so far. There is a place and time to pop stunts, not on a busy road like that.

plantfit, C R, classic33 and 4 others like this.
  11. Bianchi boy

Bianchi boy Senior Member

Bring back "National Service" - Teach em some discipline :ohmy:

12. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this....

Watched the full vid(?) for this and cyclist is clearly an adolescent nob! Kids will be kids etc, but the kid clearly got it wrong in this instance. Trouble is, these kids don't have driving/road skills, and many of them go on to get scooters/mopeds and apply the same attitude to road discipline. Just last week I watched a similar (white?) kid behave with the same disregard for personal safety by riding across a five way junction on his moped, weaving between cars while he had a red light. He got away with it, this time!

13. fossyant

The MX bikes seem popular round my way - usually coming from Brinnington !

14. OP
    OP
    Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

The problem is how do you stop these kids doing dangerous and stupid stunts on the road? I'll bet that kid is 'King of the hill' in his hood after posting that on YouTube and getting into the national press which is what it's all about these days. You can't counter that.

All you can do is make allowances, if I was driving I would give them as much room as possible which tut tutting at the same time. There's no sense in injuring a kid even if he is a plonker.

Saluki, Bianchi boy and DCBassman like this.
  15. fossyant

It's like one of those idiots that film themselves breaking into a house or speeding ! His you tube channel is taking a pounding in the comments.

Milzy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice