Wheelie cyclist in incident with car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boydj

Legendary Member
It was only a matter of time before one of these idiot cyclists got wiped out and it's very fortunate there were no injuries. But I have to say that the driver of the merc seems to have taken it on himself to administer the punishment as he either put the squeeze on the cyclist, or was negligently unaware of the cyclist's presence.

Slick

Guru
Obviously the boy is a complete prat but the driver should have known to give him a wide berth and definitely shouldn't have attacked him with his car and I'm surprised that some people seem to think that is okay. It doesn't really show the beginning of the video what kicked it all off but the driver should be ashamed of his actions.

The rider was a cretin, went for a rapidly closing gap - his fault entirely for commiting to a move he couldn't pull off.
However, the merc driver did close the gap on him. Look how close to the line his wheel is, there's no need for that positioning at all.

As for JV, he never defended the pillock on the bike, he pointed out that if the pillock on the bike had been in a car it wouldn't just have been pillock on the bike in danger. He was deliberately misinterpreted by the daily mail and its tendentious, tedious, mediocre clickbait designed to infuriate los jamones. Nice work if you can get it.

Milzy

Guru
It's a legal requirement in the UK I believe, all the BMX bikes I've seen have collar brakes
There’s loads of folk going on about legal this legal that. The usual Should pay road tax drivel.
It doesn’t matter because you will always get these little cretins with shoooot for brains doing this sort of thing no matter what because of our soft touch society.
Us law abiding genuine cyclists will still be tarred with the same brush as these waste of oxygen little scrotes unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 26715

There’s loads of folk going on about legal this legal that. The usual Should pay road tax drivel.
It doesn’t matter because you will always get these little cretins with shoooot for brains doing this sort of thing no matter what because of our soft touch society.
Us law abiding genuine cyclists will still be tarred with the same brush as these waste of oxygen little scrotes unfortunately.
And Breathe

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
That's about as close to you and me cycling as a thing that's very different indeed. Even the hardest of thinking would have trouble conflating the two.

C R

Guru
The cyclist seems to have now been arrested for another incident in Brighton.

https://road.cc/content/news/265586...ays-jeremy-vine-about-wheelie-cyclist-branded

I struggle to feel much sympathy for the guy, busy roads are not stunt tracks, and in the original video you can see several instances of really dangerous manouvers, cutting very close to all kinds of vehicles and pedestrians. He's very lucky he hasn't got hurt so far.

The cyclist seems to have now been arrested for another incident in Brighton.

https://road.cc/content/news/265586...ays-jeremy-vine-about-wheelie-cyclist-branded

I struggle to feel much sympathy for the guy, busy roads are not stunt tracks, and in the original video you can see several instances of really dangerous manouvers, cutting very close to all kinds of vehicles and pedestrians. He's very lucky he hasn't got hurt so far.
https://www.huckmag.com/outdoor/bikes/bikestormz-movement-cycling-bikelife-survival-london/

It’s an actual ‘street sport’ now. Those idiots that spend a day every year, wheelying around London, and seemingly are allowed to, give it some sort of credibility. I see it all the time recently. I had one wheelie right into me a couple of weeks ago, fortunately I’m used to getting driven into, and a dropped shoulder sorted it out.

Last edited:

C R

Guru
https://www.huckmag.com/outdoor/bikes/bikestormz-movement-cycling-bikelife-survival-london/

It’s an actual ‘street sport’ now. Those idiots that spend a day every year, wheelying around London, and seemingly are allowed to, give it some sort of credibility. I see it all the time recently. I had one wheelie right into me a couple of weeks ago, fortunately I’m used to getting driven into, and a dropped shoulder sorted it out.
I saw a few idiots doing that by tower bridge last time I was in London. It seems to have arrived in Worcester too. A few confiscated bikes and having to explain to mum and dad would soon reduce the numbers in the mob.

I saw a few idiots doing that by tower bridge last time I was in London. It seems to have arrived in Worcester too. A few confiscated bikes and having to explain to mum and dad would soon reduce the numbers in the mob.
Having fun, and being kids is one thing. This isn’t that though. I’m no stuffy old fart, but this is just stupidity.

Top Bottom