Wheelie cyclist in incident with car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You mean how it di
Does this go for other "prats" too? So, for example, if I'm driving and someone pulls out on me, I can just drive in to them because they didn't look?
You think that is the same as an idiot doing a wheelie between your car and a truck? There is no comparison. Your example could be a genuine accident.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
The cyclist is doing wheelies on a busy road whilst not wearing a helmet, wearing earphones and going for a gap between a 1.5tonne car and a 25+ tonne articulted lorry.
Utter moron of the highest order, combined with a sense of entitlement whereby everybody but himself is responsible for his safety.
No problem whatsoever with the actions of the Merc driver, pity the cylist didnt break a few ribs to knock some sense into that empty vessel that occupies the space on top of his neck.
Only problem is should there have been death or injury the Merc driver would have been the one in the dock.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Does this go for other "prats" too? So, for example, if I'm driving and someone pulls out on me, I can just drive in to them because they didn't look?
it all depends on if you have an option, if you can brake or swerve safely to avoid an accident, to me the driver did himself no favours, he knew what he was doing by making sure the cyclist had nowhere to go, I believe he probably thought the cyclist would get penned in.

What do I think which was the original question, both of them are prats & it could have ended so much worse.

Smudge

Veteran
Driver probably saw a certain CH5 documentary, and thought..... scourge alert, i'll av him.
Could have ended badly for the cyclist or the driver, cyclist badly injured or driver getting attacked by group of youths. When you enter into this confrontation on the roads, you never know how it may end up.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Guy on the bike was a complete eejit and he couldn't handle it because it was his own screw up, when people fcukup like that they should at least hold their hands up, and say they've been a bit of a knob.

GilesM

Legendary Member

There is a big difference with the case in the OP, the guy on the bike may or may not have looked, he just didn't give a flying fcuk and carried on, that sort of behaviour doesn't endear you to other people, you can't act like a twat and expect everyone else around to do the right thing so that you're okay.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
It seems it is now the drivers fault. When in fact its the idiot on the bike who caused this.

I think there were two idiots involved.

Driver.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you look at the lad's channel, you'll see they are riding like idiots everywhere, forcing cars to stop or swerve, was only a matter of time until they bumped into another idiot in a car.

D

Deleted member 26715

Amazed nobody has mentioned his lack of front brake

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Amazed nobody has mentioned his lack of front brake
Quite a few BMXs don't have front brakes. A Haro I bought here didn't have one but the scissors type on the back are very powerful, plus if he's riding mostly o the back wheel it's of little use :smile:.

D

Deleted member 26715

Quite a few BMXs don't have front brakes. A Haro I bought here didn't have one but the scissors type on the back are very powerful, plus if he's riding mostly o the back wheel it's of little use :smile:.
It's a legal requirement in the UK I believe, all the BMX bikes I've seen have collar brakes

Top Bottom