Wheelie cyclist in incident with car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It caught me out as well. The original youtube video is here

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5qjTLbWfBmY

The "action" is at around 11 minutes, but there are plenty of examples of idiocy before that. He is obviously not very clever, posting evidence of his exploits for everyone to see.

The lad has some skills, he’d be best advised to not display them, on the open road, in London, when it’s busy though. He will end up on the wrong end of multi tonnes of metal, sooner or later. I imagine it ‘won’t be his fault’ when ( not if ) it happens though.

PK99

Legendary Member
There’s loads of folk going on about legal this legal that. The usual Should pay road tax drivel.
It doesn’t matter because you will always get these little cretins with shoooot for brains doing this sort of thing no matter what because of our soft touch society.
Us law abiding genuine cyclists will still be tarred with the same brush as these waste of oxygen little scrotes unfortunately.
It caught me out as well. The original youtube video is here

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5qjTLbWfBmY

The "action" is at around 11 minutes, but there are plenty of examples of idiocy before that. He is obviously not very clever, posting evidence of his exploits for everyone to see.

Interesting comments below that youtube vid.

Much more critical of the cyclist than here.... ummm...

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
Wow that's pretty impressive at the start. I generally like seeing people play around like that in public with such joie de vivre. Then he wheelies past someone in a wheelchair at speed and starts charging through central London traffic. Yikes.

When he finally gets knocked off it looks like the car driver moved over to the left in response to this muppet's friends squeezing through on the right. Whilst, like most on here, I think drivers should be held to a higher standard; I don't think it's reasonable to expect one to anticipate a cyclist coming fast up behind, quickly changing to the other side of the vehicle and moving into the blindspot*, then trying to accelerate through such an insane gap.

Having said that, the driver does cut to the left right at the end, once they've almost stopped moving, which does raise questions to say the least.

*Yes, I don't like this term.

PK99

Legendary Member
Moe from the same shoot for brains farkwit;

pavement.PNG
westminsteer br 2.PNG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwBqJzdgPoU

check out from 10:30

Slick

Guru
The cyclist seems to have now been arrested for another incident in Brighton.

https://road.cc/content/news/265586...ays-jeremy-vine-about-wheelie-cyclist-branded

I struggle to feel much sympathy for the guy, busy roads are not stunt tracks, and in the original video you can see several instances of really dangerous manouvers, cutting very close to all kinds of vehicles and pedestrians. He's very lucky he hasn't got hurt so far.

I didn't realise that it was actually the same mob in the supermarket. These wee ratbags do need guidance, and someone to teach them about respect before the almost inevitable happens. For all their many and obvious faults, they don't deserve anyone else thinking it's okay to point their car at them.

C R

Guru
Wow that's pretty impressive at the start. I generally like seeing people play around like that in public with such joie de vivre. Then he wheelies past someone in a wheelchair at speed and starts charging through central London traffic. Yikes.

When he finally gets knocked off it looks like the car driver moved over to the left in response to this muppet's friends squeezing through on the right. Whilst, like most on here, I think drivers should be held to a higher standard; I don't think it's reasonable to expect one to anticipate a cyclist coming fast up behind, quickly changing to the other side of the vehicle and moving into the blindspot*, then trying to accelerate through such an insane gap.

Having said that, the driver does cut to the left right at the end, once they've almost stopped moving, which does raise questions to say the least.

*Yes, I don't like this term.
His ability is not in doubt, his judgement on the other hand ...

al78

Guru
Jeremy Vine trots out the fallacy of relative privation.

Just because a careless act on a bicycle is not as dangerous as a careless act in a car, does not mean it is fine to be careless on a bicycle, or that anyone being careless on a bicycle should be immune from consequences of that carelessness. This sort of fallacy is like me punching you in the face and telling you not to complain because I would have killed you with a knife or gun.

Top Bottom