When and how far do you go cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Raging Squirrel

Raging Squirrel

Apologies once again, not used to being on a forum where some people are intent on having their "opinion" read.

thanks for pointing out the ignore poster button

OP
OP
Raging Squirrel

Raging Squirrel

the guy doesn't do humour, it seems - I won't trouble him again.

I'm all for humour, it's in my scouser DNA so it's the law :smile:

maybe the tone didn't seem right for humour though, but then it's difficult to judge when reading it on a forum, so I went off my thoughts from some of your other posts on other threads lol

ok, so there's no hard feelings I hope.. :smile:

The point I tried (and failed) to make was that pretty much everything contains calories - even fruit - and even fruit juice. Calories will keep you alive, so don't avoid them. A 1 litre carton of orange juice has about the same number of calories as two Mars Bars - but unless you are drinking the entire carton in one go on a regular basis (which would be a bit odd, tbh) then don't worry too much about the overall number.... ;)

Crankarm

Guru
I've dropped my weight from 25'10 to 24'9 since I started. At the minute everything I pick up food wise, I'm looking at the calorie content, and if it has more than 5g of fat per 100g then it gets left on the shelf. I could probably be stricter but the fact I don't eat fruit or salad is a big issue for me. And fruit juice, I didn't realise 1 carton of OJ has 500 or so calories!!! I was gutted.

Perhaps you should start as this might explain why you weigh, errrr cough 25 stones?

Do you eat vegetables?

Cyclist33

It varies... easier to go out in good weather. I'm one who really likes a hot sunny day. Usually 20 - 40 miles although I laid downa couple of longer ones last week. I've usually got all the time on my hands to go out for as long as I like!

Stu

DaveW

Now I typically do 2 or 3 rides of 25 to 30 miles after work during the week and 50 to 80 miles on a Sunday. Finding time to do more would be hard. I get nagged as it is for disappearing on Sundays!

tadpole

I ride to work 4 days a week, and do longer rides on my holidays (longer for me, mostly 30 or 40 milers) I aim to do 70 miles a week

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I aim to do between 200-250 miles a week every week. That includes a 35 mile round trip commute 4 times a week. And a longer ride at the weekend. At least 1 ride a month of over 100 miles for the century a month challenge (completed last year hence the star in my sig)
And as per my ticker below shows my total mileage target for the year is 10'000 miles, as has been for the past 3 years.

Sandra6

Veteran
I've been taking in roughly 2000 cal a day. It's been harder the more I ride and I find I'm really hungry in the morning. I'll have porridge with a table spoon of honey and a tablespoon of flaked almonds at 7.30am for breakfast, but by 10-11am I feel like I'm about to crash out. I have my lunch at 2pm, and going 6 and a half hours without smething to eat is really difficult.

You really need to eat every few hours -just something small and healthy - as it keeps your metabollic rate up and avoids the inevitable crash, and the following need to eat more when you finally do get to lunch. Try having a handful of nuts, and I was going to say dried fruit, but maybe not! Avoid "healthy" snacks like special k bars -you know they have as many calories as a kitkat? I know which I'd rather eat.
If you go veggie, even just for a couple of days a week, or one week in four, you will find you can eat more and still lose weight.

Top Bottom