Which bike for Di2

Which bike for Di2 upgrade

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Indeed my friend, indeed.
It was my first thought that i put it on the Ti......looks like it will be a winner

OP
OP
J

jowwy

If I remember correctly the SRAM stuff is lighter, so I'd keep that on the carbon. And make the TI a super smooth machine
It is super light even with disc brakes fitted.................

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Just a thought, and I'm not 100%.
But does Ultegra Di2 work with a 32 cassette? thought it was only on Dura ace Di2.
They do advertise it as feature of the new generation of Dura ace Di2. Maybe worth checking out mate.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Just a thought, and I'm not 100%.
But does Ultegra Di2 work with a 32 cassette? thought it was only on Dura ace Di2.
They do advertise it as feature of the new generation of Dura ace Di2. Maybe worth checking out mate.
Yes the new ultegra di2. Sold by evans cycles with a medium cage rear is 32t

https://www.evanscycles.com/shimano-ultegra-di2-6870-groupset-50-34-11-32-EV262391

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Ok......looks like the Ti is looking the best bet for the di2......

Looks like i will be training for the alps during winter on a custom Ti with discs and di2 :bicycle:

Now do i go one step further and stump up for hydraulic di2..........hmmmmmm

huwsparky

Über Member
With your Ti frame not being internally di2 ready what exactly will be on the outside of the frame? Am I right in thinking all the wiring and battery will be visible?

OP
OP
J

jowwy

With your Ti frame not being internally di2 ready what exactly will be on the outside of the frame? Am I right in thinking all the wiring and battery will be visible?
Yes it will........as its the external di2 wiring kit that i will be using, complete with wiring sheeths to protect the cables

huwsparky

Über Member
Yes it will........as its the external di2 wiring kit that i will be using, complete with wiring sheeths to protect the cables
Each to their own but I've seen that fitted to a bike before and it didn't look great and spoiled the bike for me. The battery catches the eye too badly and then you rest becomes more apparent and would bug me personally.

I'd fit it to the carbon personally.

Top Bottom