Which bike for Di2

Which bike for Di2 upgrade

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Thanks to all those that contributed to the thread

The decision has been made to run the di2 externally on the Ti. As its also 1x11 there will be no front mech or wire to hide.....only the battery cable, which will run along the rear disc cable. The junction box will be situated under the bottom btacket and the rear derrauiler cable will be routed under the chainstay......

So it will have zee cranks with race face narrow wide 38t
Rear di2 derraulier
11/32 cassette
Ultegra di2 shifters
D fly
Additional climbing buttons on the flats

So not overly expensive but will be a sweet ride with added zipp finishing kit and fizik saddle

Just a little gutted that evans no longer sell the enve cross disc forks, but you never know they may do come build time at the end of october.............

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Thanks to all those that contributed to the thread

The decision has been made to run the di2 externally on the Ti. As its also 1x11 there will be no front mech or wire to hide.....only the battery cable, which will run along the rear disc cable. The junction box will be situated under the bottom btacket and the rear derrauiler cable will be routed under the chainstay......

So it will have zee cranks with race face narrow wide 38t
Rear di2 derraulier
11/32 cassette
Ultegra di2 shifters
D fly
Additional climbing buttons on the flats

So not overly expensive but will be a sweet ride with added zipp finishing kit and fizik saddle

Just a little gutted that evans no longer sell the enve cross disc forks, but you never know they may do come build time at the end of october.............

Pics when finished please.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
It will be a while mark as im not ordering the parts until i return from hols at the end of october
No rush just interested to see how the external looks on your bike. I had external on my Boardman and wasn't a fan tbh as it needed electrical tape for the junction box and I didn't like the protective sheath that went up the tube etc. Wondering if Shimano has tidied external set ups up at all.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

No rush just interested to see how the external looks on your bike. I had external on my Boardman and wasn't a fan tbh as it needed electrical tape for the junction box and I didn't like the protective sheath that went up the tube etc. Wondering if Shimano has tidied external set ups up at all.
Yes theres a proper external junction box that screws into the bit under the bottom bracket that the cable guide fits

24682_01_d.jpg

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Oh dear, sorry but i couldnt resist any longer.

I seem to have spent the money on a canondale synapse hi mod disc frame.......my bad

Nibor

Bewildered

I seem to have spent the money on a canondale synapse hi mod disc frame.......my bad
That would seem to me to be the sensible choice. N+1

I was thinkoing with the junction box under the BB where would the shifter cables run? Then Doh!

mark st1

Plastic Manc

Good choice however you should have spent the holiday money on an S Works Tarmac disc with Di2 then I would have saluted your balls of steel :notworthy:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Good choice however you should have spent the holiday money on an S Works Tarmac disc with Di2 then I would have saluted your balls of steel :notworthy:
It wasnt the hols money luckily enough......one of my tenants cleared their arrears bill

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Good stuff so what you gonna build the new frame up with ? Existing or new stuff ?
Existing.....will strip the red/force of the current carbon frame and put on the new and maybe use the old frame as a turbo/tt bike (maybe)

Top Bottom