Which CC member do you think you'd like to meet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK. To make you feel better @Smokin Joe ;)

PS. I never got a mention either :sad:
OK
@BoldonLad (yes really) seems to have an interesting life history and maybe because of that seems to be independent minded, not a slave to tribalism.

edited - chopped out a stray negative caused by a phone call mid posting.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yes, I've often heard mention of the Grand Flounce but noone ever gives the back story. It was before my time but the Old Ones still speak of it in hushed tones .....

Rather like a pub fight you will get different accounts from different witnesses, and some people in the pub won't have seen anything, either genuinely or out of convenience.

I think the bother started in the old NACA where there were a few big hitters who thought they ran that part of the forum.

As was bound to happen, the gaffer eventually tired of that situation, so one or two of them were modded and took grave exception to it.

A couple may or may not have been banned, but quite a few of that little squad stopped posting for one reason or another.

Their absence all at once would have been quite noticeable to a NACA regular, so it collectively became known as the Great Flounce.

I can't remember hardly any of their user names, and not a word of what they posted.

But it was all quite interesting at the time.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I was here when it happened although I did miss it. I went away for a few days, everything was as usual before I went and when I returned it had all happened. I never did find out why and what was done.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I only found out Mrs A_T quite liked me last week...

Up til that point, you thought it was your house drawing skills she was after.??

^_^

Top Bottom