Which roads/motorways do you really hate ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Most of the motorways are good - it's the volume of people using them!

I wave to stationary traffic when I cross motorway bridges on my bike; it must cheer them up to see my happy smile!

D

Deleted member 1258

The A444, the cross Coventry section between J3 M6 and the Binley road, outside the rush hour its like a racetrack, during the rush hours its just jammed. Smart motorways, theres no way they're safe.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
The A43 north-east of Oxford, through and beyond Northampton.

The A46 north-east of Leicester.

The A15 north of Lincoln.

The A4 east of Newbury.
Uncanny. I’m having to do regular support runs up to Ma and Pa Bollo at the moment, so it’s A34 from Winchester, M40, A43, M1 and A46. The full set, and I hate every mile.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
The E40 east of Calais.

Bit further up the way for me.
E17 approaching the Kennedy tunnel over the Scheldt to go round Antwerp. I found out two different ways to get onto the ring road going clockwise if the tunnel looked busy as that is a nightmare.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Any A road in the new forest. But the trunk roads there are the worst as they ruin what could be perfectly joined up cycle routes.
I hear yea Ming! TBH I don’t venture as much into the NF as I used to, especially during the summer. It‘s all just a little overwrought.

I‘ll look for backup from @StuAff, but the A3020 Medina Way into Newport is a terrifying combination of dual carriageway and island driver.

Top Bottom