Who’s Cycling this morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
davelincs

davelincs

Well 47 miles cold though not much wind which helped, plenty of cyclists out, lots of mud on the roads though I think the local councils are paying the farmers to resurface the roads for them, bike cleaned ready for tomorrow morning

Lovacott

Über Member
... then a stop for roll and sausage.
Did you eat the roll first or the sausage first? Was it a sausage roll or a sausage in a roll?

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Not today but a 30 loop yesterday and Ms T.F's left foot nearly fell off... theres something about this coldness that kind of penetrates atm.:cold:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just shut them in the cupboard under the stairs , then go out .^_^
oldest is fine as coming on 14 but a 9 year old i wouldt trust him to look after as eldest is renowned for lashing out if he doesnt get his own way .
Anyway washed the bike for tomorrow , cleaned the bathroom, 3 loads of washing and made tea :smile:

Caperider

Went out today and rode about 6 miles on the trails by my house on my salsa bucksaw fattie! First ride outside since total left knee replacement ! 8 weeks ago ! I had the shat eatin' grin the whole time , even at 40° outside but it's sunny so that helped .

OP
OP
davelincs

davelincs

Well I’m out again today, just wait for the porridge and coffee to settle, it’s a frosty start here ice on the bird baths, i will only be doing 25/30 miles , jane ( Mrs dl ) wants taking to B&Q this morning, so obviously I’m paying, enjoy you rides

Lovacott

Über Member
According to mywindsock I spent something like 60% of my ride riding into a headwind, it felt like more.. Apart from that it was a lovely dry day to get out for an hour.
Just did a quick 20 minute whizz around the block on the MTB (just to check that everything is OK after a bit of repair work yesterday)

No cars about at all (not one single car, even on the mile of A39 I stitched into the route).

Pretty cold but not freezing with clear blue sky and zero wind.

Lovacott

Über Member
Good idea, but l will skip the pork pies 😀
I'm pretty much a veggie nowadays but I'm not one of those veggies who get off the wagon on the whiff of bacon. My weakness is the Pork Pie.

I only eat four or five a year, but if I had them in the fridge, I'd eat at least one a day. Back in the days of the plastic display shelves on the bars in pubs (curled up processed cheese sandwiches and other such delights), last orders would be "two pints of snakebite and a pork pie please mate".

You can't beat staggering home pissed whilst biting into a Melton Mowbray.

Rikolet

Regular
I did get out yesterday about lunchtime... to pick up my new bike!

Cycle home 15 miles.

LOVE IT! :smile:

Definitely going out today, hope for 20-30 miles.

Attachments

• Diverge.jpg
    Diverge.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 6

Rikolet

Regular
First ride of 36 miles done, riding through constant traffic lines in Huddersfield. Where are all the people going? :wacko:
Last week on the promenade, both, Wirral and Liverpool were a chocker! Questioned myself, are we really in lockdown!
Definitely will avoid it today!

Top Bottom