Why do people want lighter bikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
In that case a black bike is the only choice. Obviously.

Uhuh... Or as in my case, a sleek graphite grey, with black rims.

Ah but a black bike is lighter because it absorbs all the light.

And a grey one - particularly if its grey on account of being. aluminum - is even lighter still..

I think this utterly pointless one-upmanship argument may have legs yet :smile:

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Now there's a challenge!!

We could try

"Why do some people insist on riding a red bike ; when I prefer riding a blue one ??"

It kind of is...but i still get the OP's original point, if you are cool with a heavy bike thats fine. As technology moves on why not reap the benefits would be one side of the argument so suspect the OP contained an element of honest enquiry. Good stuff.

Don't be silly we all know red bikes go faster. Look up red shift.

Yeah, I know ... But what if i don't want to go any faster - and its more about style in transit, pour moi ?? Huh ??

Then you want wooden spoke wheels.

In that case a black bike is the only choice. Obviously.

Ah but a black bike is lighter because it absorbs all the light.

Uhuh... Or as in my case, a sleek graphite grey, with black rims.

And a grey one - particularly if its grey on account of being. aluminum - is even lighter still..

I think this utterly pointless one-upmanship argument may have legs yet :smile:

You lot arn’t taking this thread seriously are you?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Found a benefit to making the bike heavier with many kilos of screws and food today. The crosswinds moved me much less on the ride home!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Found a benefit to making the bike heavier with many kilos of screws and food today. The crosswinds moved me much less on the ride home!

Without knowing the colour of your bike, I don't see how we are to benefit from this assertion ...

Or to lift over gates to access nifty camping spots.. :angel:
mm - but if you are touring, and I have the impression that, like me, you carry a lot of stuff, the bike is the least of the problems when it comes to lifting it over fences and gates. For touring I'm more interested in how dependable the bike feels, how it rolls, how it carries the weight/mountain of junk I carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom