WIFI connection problem. Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My internet is through Virgin, as is my phone.
Most mornings I have the same problem.
Switch the phone on and there is no wifi.
It tells me "there may be no connection"**.
I switch the whole internet of/on to reboot and bingo....phone connects fine.
So......
Is that a phone problem?
Internet problem?
Am I likely to have a problem at the hotel when I go away in a few weeks?
**TV works fine.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tried any other devices ? If other things won't connect then it's the router. It's a tricky one as some devices can be a bit slow to acquire a connection at times.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Tried any other devices ? If other things won't connect then it's the router. It's a tricky one as some devices can be a bit slow to acquire a connection at times.
Good point and so obvious. I should have tried my wifes phone :blush:. Thanks.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
What phone is it? I had an Samsung A6 (for two weeks) and it dropped signal all the time,even between the front and back of the house when the WiFi swapped from router to booster.

KneesUp

Guru
Have you got one of the 'new' Hub 3.0 s? The wi-fi is woeful on them - when mine was installed the tech changed loads of settings to 'make it work properly' having first told me he wasn't allowed to change anything really. I had to do a hard reset last night because tech support wanted me too - even though I knew it wouldn't help - and I've lost all those settings now. This am, wi-fi is terrible. I'm going to try and work out what to change tonight.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Can’t help with the technical stuff but I’m guessing you will be connecting to the hotels free WiFi when you go away so there should be no issue there.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
What phone is it? I had an Samsung A6 (for two weeks) and it dropped signal all the time,even between the front and back of the house when the WiFi swapped from router to booster.
Its a Samsung Galaxy (iether 5 or 6). I have had the phone 18 months but the problem only started about 3 weeks ago.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have you got one of the 'new' Hub 3.0 s? The wi-fi is woeful on them - when mine was installed the tech changed loads of settings to 'make it work properly' having first told me he wasn't allowed to change anything really. I had to do a hard reset last night because tech support wanted me too - even though I knew it wouldn't help - and I've lost all those settings now. This am, wi-fi is terrible. I'm going to try and work out what to change tonight.
Not sure. The old one failed and they replaced it approx 12 months ago.
I am far from technical so cant even think about resetting stuff.

Top Bottom