Wild Atlantic Way Audax

classic33

Legendary Member
Congratulations Paul. I look forward to a short description of your ordeal :0)
He's showing as still sleeping!

OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Veteran
Well that was hard and unfortunately I didn't make the finish :sad: I was struggling with sleep deprivation big style after my off (the hospital wouldn't let me go to sleep as I had a head injury :wacko: ) and eventually decided that as I was out of time discretion was the better part of valour and packed at Letterkenny . I will try and sort a ride report after more sleep .

Paul

classic33

Legendary Member
Well that was hard and unfortunately I didn't make the finish :sad: I was struggling with sleep deprivation big style after my off (the hospital wouldn't let me go to sleep as I had a head injury :wacko: ) and eventually decided that as I was out of time discretion was the better part of valour and packed at Letterkenny . I will try and sort a ride report after more sleep .

Paul
Still on Ireland, or back in Yorkshire?

OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Veteran
Came home yesterday via Scotland as I arrived at the Liverpool check-in 10 minutes after it closed and as they had cancelled the evening ferry it was either wait 24 hours or jump on the hi speed to Cairnryan and get a train home from Ayre.

Paul

classic33

Legendary Member
Came home yesterday via Scotland as I arrived at the Liverpool check-in 10 minutes after it closed and as they had cancelled the evening ferry it was either wait 24 hours or jump on the hi speed to Cairnryan and get a train home from Ayre.

Paul
Train! You didn't ride home then?

And having tracked all at some stage, number 8 included, I think you can move yourself up that leaderboard by a few places.

OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Veteran
When is it on this year?...you shall be crossing my house in a little village in Co.Kerry
The 220 hour riders set off on the 25 June with the 184 hour riders setting off two days later on the 27 June , I'm riding the 184 hour event :bicycle:

classic33

Legendary Member
Email from the organisers last night informing riders that the event is cancelled. Understandable in the current climate the plan now is to run it in 2021 .
Like you say, understandable, but having built yourself up...

Hope you can take part next year. Those who'd managed to get a place for this years event should have first say.

Top Bottom