Wild Atlantic Way Audax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Congratulations Paul. I look forward to a short description of your ordeal :0)
He's showing as still sleeping!

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
Well that was hard and unfortunately I didn't make the finish :sad: I was struggling with sleep deprivation big style after my off (the hospital wouldn't let me go to sleep as I had a head injury :wacko: ) and eventually decided that as I was out of time discretion was the better part of valour and packed at Letterkenny . I will try and sort a ride report after more sleep .

Paul

classic33

Leg End Member
Well that was hard and unfortunately I didn't make the finish :sad: I was struggling with sleep deprivation big style after my off (the hospital wouldn't let me go to sleep as I had a head injury :wacko: ) and eventually decided that as I was out of time discretion was the better part of valour and packed at Letterkenny . I will try and sort a ride report after more sleep .

Paul
Still on Ireland, or back in Yorkshire?

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
Came home yesterday via Scotland as I arrived at the Liverpool check-in 10 minutes after it closed and as they had cancelled the evening ferry it was either wait 24 hours or jump on the hi speed to Cairnryan and get a train home from Ayre.

Paul

classic33

Leg End Member
Came home yesterday via Scotland as I arrived at the Liverpool check-in 10 minutes after it closed and as they had cancelled the evening ferry it was either wait 24 hours or jump on the hi speed to Cairnryan and get a train home from Ayre.

Paul
Train! You didn't ride home then?

And having tracked all at some stage, number 8 included, I think you can move yourself up that leaderboard by a few places.

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
Well it's been four years lets see if I can finish this time ^_^

Paul

OP
OP
PMarkey

PMarkey

Guru
When is it on this year?...you shall be crossing my house in a little village in Co.Kerry
The 220 hour riders set off on the 25 June with the 184 hour riders setting off two days later on the 27 June , I'm riding the 184 hour event :bicycle:

classic33

Leg End Member
Email from the organisers last night informing riders that the event is cancelled. Understandable in the current climate the plan now is to run it in 2021 .
Like you say, understandable, but having built yourself up...

Hope you can take part next year. Those who'd managed to get a place for this years event should have first say.

Twilkes

Guru
One of the GCN guys rode the Donegal 555, managed 450km in (I think) just under 24 hours, although he's a racer by trade so used to going fast and I think he said his longest ever ride previously was 7 hours.

How does this route compare to the typical 400/600 Audax? Lots of climbing or is this about the going rate? https://www.donegalultra555.com/the-route/

Ajax Bay

Guru
About average for 'climb per 100k'. Some 600s are flat(ter): some are hilly(er). The Wales end-to-end has about 8000m of climb (as measured using AudaxUK calculations and the Kernow and SW 600 had 8800m. There's a 600 up and back in eastern England which has less than 4000m (I think).
Going rate.

Top Bottom