Windows 10?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
traditionally ever other Microsoft version has been good, with the alternative cycle really shyte. This has historically applied to word, Windows, and even the C compiler.

Thus windows XP - pretty good, vista = crap, W7 good, I gather W8 is crap, and certainly a pain to use, so W10 should be good in theory

Profpointy

Legendary Member
One thing to remember is that Windows 10 is a free upgrade for a limited time. I will upgrade one of my PCs straight away, but will hold off on the rest until I am happy. I ran an early test version for a while it it seemed very good, so I think this is one that Microsoft got right.

is it free to upgrade for a limited time, or free to use once you've got it but only for a limited time?

Ahem. Link at the top of the page too: http://www.scitechgeeks.com/

At work we're nearly ready to migrate to windows 7.

Current technology requires bean tins, string and an abacus.

We call the carrier pigeons email

I was reviewing some educational software that was wonderfully up to date.....

However as it was designed to be used in workplaces it was useless as none of the target organisations had sufficiently up to date systems to run it, and were plagued by error messages and lack of functionality.

I heard that the next version windows is going to be so amazingly awesome that they just couldn't call it a measly '9'... but that's Microsoft for you.

The one I liked was that using 10 (and skipping 9) "emphasised the move to an all platform system that would be compatible across the whole electronic media spectrum from PCs through Tablets, Phones and Wearables"

Interestingly Microsoft themselves don't seem to know!

Apparently some software was not going to like the Windows 9x thing, (95, 98) so MS skipped it.

Now that smacks too much of reality!

Top Bottom