With what do you carve...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
after years of using an electric carving knife I've finally MTFU and started using a proper carving knife and fork. Quick whizz thru a Chantry Knife Sharpener and the Richardsons carving knife gives me wafer thin cuts.

What do you use...?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Sabatier knives and a steel... given to us by Mrs A_T's dad when we got married 29 years ago.

Tim Hall

Wot they said ^. The fork's seen better days, with various nicks and bends in the tines. The knife is dead good though. For best carving results I invite my parents for dinner and get Dad to do it.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
A pair of Atomics.

ayceejay

Guru
I was in my favourite shop the other day and they had a couple of Japanese knives in Damascus steel with carving on the blade. I held one in my hand dreaming, this is a knife you could shave with, it was 245 C$ so I gave it back. A thing of beauty.

All my knives are blunt but the sound of knife on steel goes through me so badly (like finger nails on a blackboard for some people) that they have to stay that way.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Currently a kitchen devil one - plastic handle, cheap as chips, ridiculously sharp and the best one I've ever used. It's got a bread knife blade on the other side.
They don't have to be expensive, as long as the blade will hold a good edge. Learning how to give a blade a good edge is more important than the knife itself. I have a £10 pocket knife which I can shave my arms with!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I just pull chunks of meat off inexpertly, and nobody's ever complained
:smile:
----
Sent from my mobile telephonic device using that Tapatalk app thingummyjig.

Top Bottom