Work from home set-up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shame you didn't have someone else's on yours
oh haha, great thought! we should start a thread & get a series, like barber shop mirrors ... or not

Julia9054

Guru
Sorted out a desk for teaching from home this time to save my back.
20210107_092339.jpg

Landsurfer

Veteran
I work on our breakfast bar .... sometimes it's clear sometimes it's not .... the view this morning !!!!
Connor!! Come and clear up !!!!! And thats not even my MacBook ....... kids !!!

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've been working from home most days since lockdown 1, only venturing on to site when we need to get hands on with prototypes or use certain kit in the workshop. I can find it very difficult to concentrate whilst working from home, often finding myself staring motionless for minutes at a time, quite unusual... Anyway, here's my home office :okay:

It could do with a tidy, but every time I go to do it I find myself staring motionless... :laugh:

I've been working from home most days since lockdown 1, only venturing on to site when we need to get hands on with prototypes or use certain kit in the workshop. I can find it very difficult to concentrate whilst working from home, often finding myself staring motionless for minutes at a time, quite unusual... Anyway, here's my home office :okay:
It could do with a tidy, but every time I go to do it I find myself staring motionless... :laugh:
sometimes that's good for concentration but maybe you can brighten the room a little. I'm not an interior decorator but I once read about how ppl benefit from seeing the horizon. maybe you can set up a fake window, with a photo print looking out on to the ocean?

straas

Matt
We've just changed things round in the nursery because our son's decided playing with the curtains at bedtime is hilarious.

The nursing chair is now by the window, currently sat here for a change of scenery - I can just about see the top half of one of those new towers in Manchester city centre.

Beats staring at the wall!

Gunk

Guru
I was working at the kitchen table but it was impossible, last weekend we dismantled a couple of chests of drawers, got our storage organised, and made room for a desk in the bedroom. I do clear it every night after work so I switch off! So far, so good, it’s a nice place to work.

B1A9D3A5-BA03-4B7D-A215-DD843E83B0C1.jpeg

mikeIow

Guru
Blimey, you really understand minimalism...I've got more in my working environment and it is balanced on my lap and the arm of the sofa! :laugh:
Was thinking the same....

I’ve been working from home for decades (although did travel a fair bit too)....but I daren‘t post a picture of my study, just way too messy....
.....but the 6’ x 3’ dining table desk has laptop + 2x 1080p monitors, always with multiple things on the go.
Think I might have issues with focusing on one task at a time :laugh:

I was working at the kitchen table but it was impossible, last weekend we dismantled a couple of chests of drawers, got our storage organised, and made room for a desk in the bedroom. I do clear it every night after work so I switch off! So far, so good, it’s a nice place to work.
perfect photo, looks like an ad for something. would you consider painting your wires beige?

Top Bottom