Work from home set-up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
I work in Nottingham which will be in tier 3 next week........

Julia9054

Guru
Back at school now but this was my summer term sofoffice.

I've been home office since 2012 when is started to work for myself. Being able to close the door to it all allows me to get on with work when home life continues around me..... My 5m³ office has been well amortised in the last 8yrs:laugh:

The only recent addition has been to add a desk riser as since early March i've been spending too much time sitting down, it helps a lot as i now switch every hour between standing and sitting and all my conf calls i do standing.

lane

Veteran
I am back WFH. For the past 4 months have been partly in the office with 1 day at home, then 2 days at home now back more or less entirely at home for at least a couple of months probably longer. It certainly feels safer at the moment. Anyone else now back WFH?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My daughter has just started WFH today. It'll take her a while to instill a routine into the household, I think.
She won't have the option of a separate room so kiddies will have to learn to leave mummy alone for 4½ hours a day!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Been WFH since March - our office closes permanently in June (end of lease) so it looks like WFH is the new norm, well at least until I get made redundant :laugh:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, we were thinking of maybe popping in occasionally, that's now completely off the cards. Just had to order a new laptop stand as MrsF want's her's back as she starts a new job next week !

Winter has seen some upgrades to the shed office - curtains to keep some of the draft out/heat in, and an oil filled radiator on a 'timer'.

lane

Veteran
Of course schools have closed too as they did in March so all 4 of us at home now. We are all up and running much more quickly and the school and college lessons are on Teams which wasn't the case previously. So this morning my two teenagers are on teams for lessons and Mrs Lane is on teams involved in providing an adult education lesson.

Top Bottom