World Snooker Championship

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As it seems it would be a sport (if it is a sport) can compete as equals although like darts they don't appear to get the same beer belly.

Darts, like snooker, is a LOT harder than it looks. Both need hand-eye coordination, a good grasp of mental arithmetics and an unburstable temperament. I've played both, not terribly well might I add. Better at snooker than darts tho.

Less beer deffo, but age (and chocolate) tends to make other bits of us more wobbly... :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 26715

Darts, like snooker, is a LOT harder than it looks.
True but it doesn't need that raw strength, that some claim is the separation of the sexes, I don't particularly like either but can see the skill in it

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
As a complete aside is there a Women's snooker league/championship/etc. or do they, if there are any, compete alongside the men?

As it seems it would be a sport (if it is a sport) can compete as equals although like darts they don't appear to get the same beer belly.

There are two women currently on the official Tour circuit. Women were for years discouraged from playing, being barred from most snooker halls till a few decades ago.

Bill Werbenuik had massive moobs although it was the 10 pints of lager per match which affected his cueing action more.

If memory serves, he had a medical condition that caused tremors, and ideally he needed to take beta blockers to help with that. But it's one of the meds you can't take in sports, and apparently the lager helped.

I used to play on a full size table occasionally. Plenty of breaks of 1 I seem to remember?

Top Bottom