Worst film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
I think this thread confirms why so many films do really well, one persons shocker is another persons fave. I love The Hobbit films!

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Wayyyy back when I was a student it used be a quid to get into the flicks -a Showcase in Nottingham (don't know if it is still there, and fyi, if you go in a Showcase in the UK and a Showcase in the USA they almost identical -very weird, even down to the info messages -just different in dollar or pound signs). It was a weekly event -cheap and usually fun. But the movie that really stands out in my mind as the very worst was one week when we'd actually seen all the films on, except one.... and I regret it to this day...... the very worst film for me would be "Maniac Cop". God it was bad. If I recall correctly, the main character gets killed off halfway through, as though he must have had a contract issue but it was too late to reshoot with a new actor I'm guessing.

I'm wincing thinking about it all these years later. That movie scarred me.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The 40 year old Virgin. We sat through about 20 minutes of it and went home.
To be fair, we only went in on an 'orange wednesdays' thing and it was pouring with rain out.

vickster

Legendary Member
Oh forgot one "The Hobbit" part 1. Started off well enough, conjuring up the Shire, Dwarfes Hobbits and so on. Then an hour or so later we get video game monsters and the super mario cart roller coaster.ride in the orc.mine. It was.crap in Indiana Jones Temple of doom and even worse here. Too long and too rubbish. onky positive thing was I avoided 3-d - which would.likely have made me sick
Agreed I went to see it on New Year's Eve with a friend. I reckon it could have been done in half an hour easily. I did enjoy the other LOTR films though. Needless to say, I've not bothered with the other Hobbit films. How can you string a hundred page book out to 10 hours of cinema is beyond me. Indeed the first film, showed me you can't!

I enjoyed the post film curry much more :hungry:

AndyRM

XOXO
I will confess that I'm not as discerning as some.

I'm not sure I'd describe myself as discerning, I watch an awful lot of shite. Like, SyFy channel level shite. I suppose I need the highbrow stuff for a bit of balance.

I'm an idiot when it comes to my position on films too. I managed to argue myself in a circle about Terminator 3 once, though in my defence I was incredibly stoned at the time.

AndyRM

XOXO
Agreed I went to see it on New Year's Eve with a friend. I reckon it could have been done in half an hour easily. I did enjoy the other LOTR films though. Needless to say, I've not bothered with the other Hobbit films. How can you string a hundred page book out to 10 hours of cinema is beyond me. Indeed the first film, showed me you can't!

I enjoyed the post film curry much more :hungry:

You can read The Hobbit quicker than you can watch it.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Premium Rush was a challenge. Paid for the (used - wouldn't have bought it new) DVD knowing what I was in for though.

I went some way into Synecdoche, New York disliking it but was quite smitten in the end.
The 40 year old Virgin. We sat through about 20 minutes of it and went home.
Then you missed the great bicycle chase! Which I thought was worth the intervening 2hrs. Actually I enjoyed most of the movie, perhaps after being primed by Joe Walsh's marvellous Life of Illusion at the beginning.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm not sure I'd describe myself as discerning, I watch an awful lot of shite. Like, SyFy channel level shite. I suppose I need the highbrow stuff for a bit of balance.

I'm an idiot when it comes to my position on films too. I managed to argue myself in a circle about Terminator 3 once, though in my defence I was incredibly stoned at the time.
That stuff can add a "certain dimension".:smile:

Top Bottom