FNRttC York to Hull Friday Night Ride - 23rd June 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll be in residence at the Den from around 5 - quite possibly earlier, depending on how the day goes at work, so if anyone is in York before then with time to kill feel free to text me and see if the doors have opened!

Set an extra early alarm today. Flapjack and St Clements cake currently in the oven....

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Small pile of bits of card obtained from ticket machine. Nose of saddle tilted down a tadge. Nickable bits removed from bike and put in small bag. Usual "are you quite mad, Gregry?" comments from a somewhat stressed* tlh.

*meant to complete on the sale of her late mother's house today and she is the only one of two executors doing anything, so my absence today is a little last straw-ish, but it was meant to complete three weeks ago. :sad:

ianmac62

Guru
Small pile of bits of card obtained from ticket machine. Nose of saddle tilted down a tadge. Nickable bits removed from bike and put in small bag. Usual "are you quite mad, Gregry?" comments from a somewhat stressed* tlh.

*meant to complete on the sale of her late mother's house today and she is the only one of two executors doing anything, so my absence today is a little last straw-ish, but it was meant to complete three weeks ago. :sad:
Great! Looking forward to seeing you again - it's been a while.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
So, the gathering begins......
A plethora of cards retrieved from the ticket machine at the station. Train boarded.
Plan is train to That London, ride to office for footling admin task, ride to KCX then 17.00 hours train to York, meet old chum in pizza express by the bridge, ride to Teh Minster, pick up CAIK, do the ride, 13.31 hours train from Hull.

Companions welcome, Grumpy or otherwise.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Am on the non-stop service north (well, it's going to Aberdeen but York's first stop). Fine German art at the Albert Hall last night, more fine art at Tate Modern this morning. Nice pile of bricks seemed to be going spare ;) Into York just before four- will probably have a look round the NRM before heading on to Newton on Ouse and mine hosts. See you all later....

Last edited:

robjh

Legendary Member
Have a good ride everyone

My plans to escape work not-too-late failed abysmally, but am now back at the Den and about to make some more cake.

Any early arriving visitors are forewarned that I still haven't got round yp offloading the resident TPoC from the dining table, although I have at least vanquished the EldestCub's assorted musical instruments from the sofa so that is available for general lounging about on, and upstairs there are a couple of nice clean beds all made up for snoozing in.

Just ignore the mess, dears. It's what I do all the time :biggrin:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
When I have finished my superheated coffee I intend to mooch about the city centre for a bit before (getting lost) coming round yours. ;)

On my journey from Doncaster to York, I saw two weasels crossing the road, a hare, a partridge, and a doe crossed the solar-system track in front of me followed by her two fauns.

Some of that track is a bit of one of my commutes, y'know. I kind of miss the old long friday commute, which took a bit more of it. And occasionally even more of it, plus a spot of COR across Skipwith Common if I went the extra long way home....

Caffeine Fairy Cakes are in the oven.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I am now in T'North. It appears to be mid winter. There are people wearing coats. It's cooler than London.
The train journey up was great. For future reference, bikes go in the front end, which is right next to the Quiet Carriage where I was. Unless it's an electric train in which case bikes go right at the back.

ianmac62

Guru
Cycled to Northampton station in plenty of time to catch my anticipated train. In time to catch an earlier train. But the train before that was broken down at the platform. Eventually it limped away. Then the earlier train, with me on it, left - later than my intended train (which was now held up).

Then the train has come to a halt while trespassers on the line near Long Buckby station are investigated.

Just reached Rugby.

What excitement awaits at Birmingham New Street?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
In Newton on Ouse. Saw Greg at the NRM- he left before I did (mine host had meeting with garrelous Italian...it overran). Missing bolt on rear rack replaced. Chocolate orange brownies for the cake mountain. Pasta with venison meatballs for dinner (nom!). Dogs shy & retiring as ever (ha ha).

Top Bottom