FNRttC York to Hull Friday Night Ride - 23rd June 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Being a Southern Softie doesn't help up here I suppose. I might have to rethink my winter trip to northern Sweden...

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Some things never change. Long time participants of the York to Hull ride departing from Kings Cross will recognise this other regular musical cyclist who commutes back to York.
IMG_20170623_195236.jpg

ianmac62

Guru
The train was late into New Street but in time for the X-Country service to York.

For the first time since it morphed into Grand Central, I changed platforms with the old ease!

Fascinating woman unintentionally entertaining the carriage with her loud phone call - full description of difficulties with her yacht, her health problems, her battles with weight loss and the failure of the Station bar to have white wine. She is making do with G&Ts. Bloody teacher too!

ianmac62

Guru
Woman on train continues to entertain us. It turns out her yacht left its mooring this afternoon on a windy south coast and ended up on a beach with considerable damage. And she only has third-party insurance. Rest of carriage uncharitably seems pleased with this outcome.

Now delayed at Derby for no apparent reason.

wanda2010

Guru
Very entertaining to this train passenger too ☺️

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Woman on train continues to entertain us. It turns out her yacht left its mooring this afternoon on a windy south coast and ended up on a beach with considerable damage. And she only has third-party insurance. Rest of carriage uncharitably seems pleased with this outcome.

Now delayed at Derby for no apparent reason.
A complete stranger asked me if I was a communist. Clearly didn't appreciate a FNRttC top in First Class.

Top Bottom