YOU can get slower at cycling! Here's how.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
The no undies inside bib tights rule is absolute codswallop. I wear underpants to keep my chamois in good condition and when I commuted I used to wear the same pair of bibs all week. Your nether regions just adapt to it and harden up. It also keeps my William tucked up and out the way of danger. However I will point out, it is specifically underpants (A/y fronts) and I don’t wear boxers or trunks as the legs would come up and rub and that would be uncomfortable - keep them for casual dress!
To each his own. Even Clarke Kent, who reputedly has balls of steel, won't do that. I forgot once and never again.....

OP
OP
Cycling_Samurai

Cycling_Samurai

The no undies inside bib tights rule is absolute codswallop. I wear underpants to keep my chamois in good condition and when I commuted I used to wear the same pair of bibs all week. Your nether regions just adapt to it and harden up. It also keeps my William tucked up and out the way
I don't follow that rule either. No boxers or cotton briefs. I use cotton blend or spandex or polyester. Bibs just don't provide enough to keep my stuff in place.

davidphilips

Veteran
The no undies inside bib tights rule is absolute codswallop. I wear underpants to keep my chamois in good condition and when I commuted I used to wear the same pair of bibs all week. Your nether regions just adapt to it and harden up. It also keeps my William tucked up and out the way of danger. However I will point out, it is specifically underpants (A/y fronts) and I don’t wear boxers or trunks as the legs would come up and rub and that would be uncomfortable - keep them for casual dress!

Another reason for wearing undies under cycling tights and the main reason i do, have you ever cycled behind another cyclist with even slightly worn tights? Theres no way i am going to get caught out like that.

boydj

Legendary Member
Another reason for wearing undies under cycling tights and the main reason i do, have you ever cycled behind another cyclist with even slightly worn tights? Theres no way i am going to get caught out like that.

Done that. I'd hope my other half, or my cycling buddies would have the sense to tell me if my bibs were getting a bit worn.

Prostrate problems and the treatment thereof don't help with ageing and the slowing down process.

D

Deleted member 1258

I've been slowing down for years, its what can happen as you grow old.

Top Bottom