YOU can get slower at cycling! Here's how.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling_Samurai

Cycling_Samurai

(What number we up to?) - Don't give a shoot about all that stuff and just enjoy what you do.

Took me ages to learn that lesson, even though I thought I didn't listen to the train harder/ride faster advice in the first place.

When you ride, particularly when starting out, there's an understandable seduction to all things bike; you like riding and magazines are full of training tips, nutritional advice, etc etc etc. So you get lured in, thinking that's what riding a bike is about. And, for you, it's not. It can have the opposite effect and destroy your pleasure.

So forget it. Ignore it. Do what you do (fast or slow) and enjoy. Of course, if you're into 'ride like a pro' then by all means fill your boots. Go for it. But for pootlers like me, people that enjoy the simple pleasure of stopping for a pee and listening to the quiet that surrounds you, then a great deal of the bookshelf advice is simply not applicable.
I think that's sound advice. I enjoy long rides for many hours. I like the adventure of it. I don't have to be particularly fast at it. Although I want to be. Incidentally I started this thread out of humor. I don't believe anyone really wants to be slower at cycling.

The next would be 32.

Drago

Legendary Member
32. Ride a tandem with Prince Andrew on the back past a girls 6th form college, and try your damndest to pedal harder than he can apply the brakes.

Top Bottom