You know who you are!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
That would involve accepting that there are only two options here.
I thought it was a motorhome or a yurt and you had to pick sides. I didn't realise there was a Travelodge in the middle that people were also allowed in to.

When cyclists totally ignore red traffic lights , cycle more than 2 abreast when a vehicle approaches, ride the wrong way up one way streets, cut in and out of traffic weaving dangerously. How would you expect motorists to feel.
Oh by the the way what is the stopping distance of a cycle travelling at 20 mph?

When cyclists totally ignore red traffic lights , cycle more than 2 abreast when a vehicle approaches, ride the wrong way up one way streets, cut in and out of traffic weaving dangerously. How would you expect motorists to feel.
Oh by the the way what is the stopping distance of a cycle travelling at 20 mph?
Who cares how they feel? It's pretty much harmless unlike driving behind someone too close which injures and kills pretty much daily.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K

Thankful that cyclists are more obvious so the general public isn't making a huge point of how they RLJ, lane hog, tail gate, drive the wrong way up roads, cut in and out of traffic weaving dangerously. Use mobile phones, eat, do their make up, and all that stuff? Or was it a trick question?

Considering the thinking distance is the speed in feet, and the stopping distance was measured for a Morris Minor, probably the same 40ft as the car?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
when drivers use mobiles, break speed limits, eat and drink while driving, jump red lights, over take on blind bends, sound their horns after midnight - how would expect road users to feel?

also the stopping distance of a bike at 20mph is insignificant to the argument, as it wouldn't cause the same damage as a car not stopping at the same speed, but well done for trying - also to add stopping a bike at 20mph with a 100kilo weight is probably a lot quicker than stopping a 1tonne metal machine at 20mph

Do you pay road tax,insurance, MOT, have at least 1.6 mm of tread on your tyres. No!

What's road tax?

You're not Mike Vandeman are you?

jowwy

"at first we thought he was a young lad, he looked so frail. By the time I'd been stuck behind him for a mile or so, I could tell it was actually a MAMIL, though he looked about 14. Stick-thin legs and full lycra white kit. A very small man who appeared to be suffering from small man syndrome, and was determined to hog the road."

why did the OP/driver think this was relevant within his post??? seems like an overly aggressive driver syndrome and get off my road type of guy

jowwy

Illaveago said:
Do you pay road tax,insurance, MOT, have at least 1.6 mm of tread on your tyres. No!

did you really just post that as an argument on a cycling forum????

OP
OP
Donger

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
"at first we thought he was a young lad, he looked so frail. By the time I'd been stuck behind him for a mile or so, I could tell it was actually a MAMIL, though he looked about 14. Stick-thin legs and full lycra white kit. A very small man who appeared to be suffering from small man syndrome, and was determined to hog the road."

why did the OP/driver think this was relevant within his post??? seems like an overly aggressive driver syndrome and get off my road type of guy
So I'm not on your Christmas card list then? Any time you come down to Gloucestershire, you are welcome to come for a ride with me anyway, along with any other Cyclechatters who currently have me down as a vile thug. I don't bear grudges. (By the way, without stopping to ask his name, how else could I convey who I was talking about, other than by describing him to a tee? I suppose I could also have mentioned his sticky-out ears, but that seemed like overkill at the time).

Top Bottom