You'll never get me in Lycra...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
This was my mantra when I started back in to biking about 18 months ago. I really meant it too, I just didn't see the point.

Anyway, skip forwards to today and I have an entire wardrobe dedicated to the stuff with more on the way - I've just ordered some Bianchi owners club bib shorts and jersey :laugh:

20180811_224454.jpg

Is this the norm? :wacko::laugh: What does your cycling wardrobe look like? :becool:

tom73

Guru
This was my mantra when I started back in to biking about 18 months ago. I really meant it too, I just didn't see the point.

Anyway, skip forwards to today and I have an entire wardrobe dedicated to the stuff with more on the way - I've just ordered some Bianchi owners club bib shorts and jersey :laugh:

View attachment 423997

Is this the norm? :wacko::laugh: What does your cycling wardrobe look like? :becool:

:okay: I’d say yes i’m only 2 months in and jersey count alone stands at 4 and more orders pending ;)

Elysian_Roads

Having done a bit of running a few years ago, I knew I would prefer technical fabrics over cotton, and I soon got the benefit of padded shorts........:blush:. But I never thought I would wear bib shorts. Not sure if it was the style, or I thought they were for the hardcore club cyclist. Anyway, four bib shorts in the wardrobe now, and the two ordinary padded shorts don't get a look in.... Oh, and also on the hunt for a few more jerseys.....:okay:

View attachment 423997

I've cycled 56,000km in the last 10 years. You have 3 or 4 times more jerseys than I have ever owned. But, so what? I'm guessing I have owned more patent leather, red, high heeled mary jane's than you.

I'm not sure what either fact proves.

I'm guessing I have owned more patent leather, red, high heeled mary jane's than you.
For the record, I have owned one pair. They have probably got me laid more than your jerseys have for you.

(any bets on how long this post stands?)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@User9609 it looks like your gear needs a wash :whistle: :tongue:
I must admit I bought some cycling gear through the years because others wore it.
Not the full lycra, because I'm too self conscious - with good reason lol - but the odd padded short, the odd jersey.
I hardly wear them: soon discovered padded anything makes me feel uncomfortable, jerseys smell funny.
I ended up cycling mostly in ordinary leggings, general running/sportswear tops.
My gloves, hats, glasses are not cycling specific either, apart from summer mitts.
However, I do own several cycling jackets, none yellow ^_^
I find them comfortable on the bike and weather proof, sometimes I wear my cycling jacket when I'm going to the shops on foot.

screenman

Legendary Member

View attachment 423997

Much the same, only I have some store in the drawer under the bed as well.

Top Bottom