Your bike in front of something different...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
My French holidays have started (just five weeks here ;) ), and my traditional hunt for lavender that hasn't yet been harvested was successful today:

dsc08423.jpg

rj.hr6

WP_20190723_10_37_09_Pro.jpg

Trip out to Rhayader to test it on the loose stuff. Coped well enough, pleasantly surprised.
Pity they haven't cleared away the landslip up on the path alongside the top reservoir.
Good excuse to go back and try it again in month or so...

Last edited:
it's already featured here, but I believe it's worthy of another mention

A Guide-Post/Obelisk, dating to the days of Coaching & TurnPikes

Higher, as it's easier to read, from the drivers position, of the Coach
One of three, in the village!!
All three are on the A628, but by the central Guide-Post at the junction with Station Road (opposite Ackworth School; 'the Quaker school') it becomes Pontefract Road as it heads northwards (Barnsley Road, to the south of the School)

This is the southerly G-P at the junction of Barnsley Road, & Bell Lane
Ackworth

View attachment 477135

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/927291

https://britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/101206695-guide-post-on-south-side-of-junction-with-bell-lane-ackworth

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_1809.JPG

MBIFO in front of the nettle strewn path in Harleston Firs that I had to get through, wearing shorts, on today's ride

:ph34r:

0364CA13-2697-4551-B930-41ACEFAC16BF.jpeg
My bike in front of, I think, Cold War aircraft hangars somewhere in Wiltshire iirc. The whole place looked like it was mothballed apart from one dull orangy light over the doors of one of the other hangars. There was no chance I was going in to take a closer look

Edit: again, my photography skill leaves a lot to be desired, those hangars are BIG

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
D67727F9-2E85-42F4-8E89-EFBB83720EA1.jpeg

This bench is supposed to represent Wittenham Clumps, two hills in the distance just above the handlebars.

This one of a series of arty wooden structures along a mile and a half of old railway track, they’re supposed to represent different parts of the area, but they’re mostly falling apart now.

Top Bottom