Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Spotted Yellow Hammers, Kites and Hares today driving through the Cotswolds.
Also spotted 4 American cyclists doing a supported tour - 2 from Idaho and 2 from New Mexico.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I thought there was something wrong with this hare until it jumped up and shot off.
IMG_20190607_123315.jpg

I managed to catch a couple of Dragonflies emerging from my pond today. It was fascinating to watch then as they climbed up to a favourable position where they could harden off. It was also interesting to watch them change colour as they did so . It was a slow process, a couple of hours whilst it went through pre- flight checks and then off .

Attachments

• IMGP0232.JPG
    IMGP0232.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMGP0233.JPG
    IMGP0233.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMGP0256.JPG
    IMGP0256.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP0267.JPG
    IMGP0267.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 13

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We stopped at a service station, west bound on the A30 today. There was a juvenile rat checking out the waste bin by the SPAR store. He/she seemed quite relaxed and wasn't in a hurry.

philk56

Guru
We have had some wild weather in Perth over the last week, with a few unusual birds blown off their normal routes. The most excitement was caused by this Grey-headed Albatross, which spent a few days in a local harbour. This was the best photo I could get. The bird was being monitored by the local seabird group and eventually they took it in for care as its condition appeared to be getting worse. Hopefully it will recover and be released back on course.

2019-06-12_110648_D75_016517 Perth-Woodman Point-GreyHeaded Albatross.JPG

I have been trying to identify the type of Dragonfly that I am seeing in my pond and getting confused . It would appear that they are Migrant Hawkers AFAICT from a Leicestershire web site . I'm confused as I saw what I thought was an Emperor laying eggs there last year . :wacko:

Top Bottom