Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
No big deal in a grey squirrel...but the one i saw went into stealth mode as it approached the road it was going to cross :laugh:
It was quite bizarre, it approached and once it got about 4ft away from the road, it hugged down to the grass almost commando crawl style crawled forward.
Never seen one behave like that, possibly quite normal but it did look bizarre

Just seen 3 Swifts flying low .

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Sunday evening, around 10.30pm I was driving along and saw what I at first thought was a pheasant road kill. As I drew nearer, I saw it was standing up and recognised it as an owl (Tawny I think). It was just to one side of the central white line (it was an A road, single lane in each direction). I stopped and it was standing up and didn't appear hurt. Luckily there wasn't a lot of traffic about, I had a torch and warned one car which passed safely and then I saw a large lorry coming up, but it turned out to be an ambulance who kindly blocked the road. I put on some thick gardening gloves and picked it up, (it was a bit disconcerting when I approached from the rear and it swivelled its head round to look at me, as if to say "what do you think you're doing?"!) but it didn't struggle, just grabbing my finger with a claw (thank goodness for the gloves) and I carried it to the side of the road, where there was a wide verge. After a few minutes it flew off, apparently unharmed. I presume it may have had a near miss, or been blinded by headlights or something and it was confused.
My wife's phone has the crappest of crap cameras so crap picture coming up.
IMG-20190513-WA0000.jpg

midlife

Guru
Some sort of thrush?

Top Bottom