Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
20200221_100211.jpg

Not what it looks like at first glance, but frogspawn. It is on the grass in the back garden. Laid overnight, but possibly not fertilised.
It is now in the pond.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
My son rang me up yesterday evening to report a sighting....a dead otter (90% sure, they saw it in passing, didnt stop, too much traffic) at the side of the road very near to the river Nene, close to the Orton Staunch, locks and fast moving water there.

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
These photos were taken at Ickworth (NT) today. We were sitting in the car and Mrs S spotted the kestrel in the nearby tree, down went the window. Little while later the jay appeared and I managed to get out of the car to take this before he flew off. We had seen a green woodpecker earlier but too far off and camera in the boot !

geocycle

Legendary Member
Good day for birds in the garden, came back from a ride to find a sparrow hawk on the fence. That went and the great tits blue tits long tailed tits, robins blackbirds and dunnocks came in. Three cups of tea later and a great spotted woodpecker arrived. When riding saw lapwings displaying, curlew and buzzards. I’ve taken to carrying a small pair of binoculars in my saddle bag.

Top Bottom