Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw a dead badger on Hazelwell Road, Stirchley, about 4 miles from Birmingham city centre.

That's near the 'Top Sat' shop?

Daughter lived in the 'Wychall' area, whilst (briefly) at Birmingham University
We drove in that way A38 > Tyburn > Aston Expressway > Bristol Street > Pershore Road > (Stirchley) > KIngs Norton > Wychall Road

This one also amused me a lot on Pershore Road (near The Bourn)

figbat

Slippery scientist
My "new normal" working-from-home station is right next to our bifold doors to the garden. I have a small pair of binoculars at my 'desk' and am finding the birds to be quite a distraction. We're filling the seed feeder once a day and it is all going. The peanuts, however, are being largely ignored, even by the squirrels. Only the occasional blue tit chooses them.

So far nothing unusual to report - blackbirds, robins, crows and rooks, pigeons and doves, house sparrows and various finches (chaf, green and gold so far). Oh and a little wren and the ever-present over-flying red kites.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Does anyone use a birdsong app ?

Mr Celine

Discordian
There was a magpie in the garden this afternoon. First one I've seen and I've lived here 26 years. I was told years ago that there were none at all in the Borders due to ruthless persecution by farmers and gamekeepers and it wasn't until last year that I saw one within five miles of home. First new species here since about 1999 when nuthatches moved in. Bloody forrins.

Top Bottom