Your favourite bassist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
In the early 80's my Auntie went out with Lynott, he picked her up in a pink Rolls Royce that was owned by Leslie Crowther. Lynott was married to Crowthers daughter at the time.
Were not worthy!

My Ma once dated Roger Daltrey, and when I met him about 15 years back and asked he still remembered her and asked me to pass along his best wishes. Alas, he's not a bassist.

But Phil Lynott!

I never saw any acts at the Roadmemder. I was new to the area when it closed, and I had wanted to see bauhaus there but missed it because when the day came I had a dreadful bout of flu, and I believe it closed shortly thereafter. its since reopened, but I've never taken much interest since its resurgence.

johnblack

Über Member
Were not worthy!

My Ma once dated Roger Daltrey, and when I met him about 15 years back and asked he still remembered her and asked me to pass along his best wishes. Alas, he's not a bassist.

But Phil Lynott!

I never saw any acts at the Roadmemder. I was new to the area when it closed, and I had wanted to see bauhaus there but missed it because when the day came I had a dreadful bout of flu, and I believe it closed shortly thereafter. its since reopened, but I've never taken much interest since its resurgence.
My Auntie was a proper party girl back in the day, but she said he was just too much!!

I've been a fair bit in the past couple of years, it's a great venue, proper old school. I saw lots of the Manc bands back in the late 80's plus plenty of Britpop stuff in the 90's.

Like all venues they do have quite a few tribute bands on, seen a few and they've been pretty good.

Saw Gary Numan there the other week and he was awesome, never a big fan but he's doing well for 62.

I think Bauhaus or Peter Murphy at least played there last year.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I like bass and I play bass but I don't really have a favourite bassist. Going to go with Errol Holt because I like dub enormously.

I like Steve Hanley's work with The Fall a great deal, interesting and brutal at the same time.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Tina Weymouth ...she may not have all the flashy techniques of other bassists, but she's melodic.

I've borrowed bits of the bass part to 'Cities' on more than one occasion.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Flea, let's not forget Flea. Although the later RHCP music strayed too much towards embarrassing stadium filler, the 80s and 90s funk rock hip hop socks on cocks stuff was great.

Top Bottom