Your favourite bassist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Legendary Member
Anyone ever thought of forming CycleChat band? Chances are we've got at least 'one of everything'!

A year or two back I did a collaboration online with a chap I only ever met once or twice. All the music (individual tracks) were passed back and forth by emails / Dropbox and dropped into our respective DAWs (digital recorders) whereupon we'd add the next bit, reshare, and eventually have a completed song. It was dead easy to do.

winjim

Smash the cistern
out for Geddy Lee (well I would, 'cos my favourite band is Rush), but there's no doubt that he's a talented player. He always described himself as 'a bass player first, a singer second and a keyboard player a distant third'.
Big influence on Les Claypool as it happens.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Following on from all the 'I'm surprised no-one has mentioned so and so yet' posts I'm minded to say I'm not surprised no-one has mentioned Chris Squire yet, seeing as Yes were totally rubbish and nobody ever bought any of their records and they were universally disliked at the time.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Erm, I like Yes and have all their albums, even the ones that have so few Yes personnel its questionable as to whether they should have been sold under the Yes name!

Chromatic

Legendary Member
So do I, up until Tormato anyway, they were ace. They were very successful and popular pre punk, post punk it seemed you couldn't find anyone with anything good to say about them and it seemed no-one anywhere had liked them or had ever bought anything by them, my post was a gentle dig at those Yes deniers.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
My musical journey went off in a different direction before then and I've not given anything post Tormato a serious listen. Seems to me they went off in an AOR/American direction which wasn't my cup of tea. I have played a lot of the Yes stuff I still have quite a bit lately after a good few years of leaving it untouched in the record collection.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

In that case, an honourable mention for Carol Kaye as well.

Top Bottom