Your favourite bassist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
With the possible exception of Oasis and U2, natch.

delb0y

Legendary Member
I have noticed that on all these threads there's a notable lack of acoustic and jazz players mentioned. And "nice" jokes aside, the finger-pickers and the bluegrassers and the gypsy jazzers and the jazz double bass players are probably some of the best in the world. Just saying.

Boo

Über Member
Shout out for Geddy Lee (well I would, 'cos my favourite band is Rush), but there's no doubt that he's a talented player. He always described himself as 'a bass player first, a singer second and a keyboard player a distant third'.

Bernard Edwards for those fantastic bubbling bass lines.
Tina Weymouth, whose bassline on on TH's version of 'Take Me To The River' made me go down to Tin Pan Alley one lunchtime many years ago and come back to work with an Aria Pro II and a small amp. That was about 30 years ago. Still can't play it. (But I have played the drums for 35 years, so it's not like I haven't been doing anything.)

Anyone ever thought of forming CycleChat band? Chances are we've got at least 'one of everything'!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Anyone ever thought of forming CycleChat band? Chances are we've got at least 'one of everything'!
Good idea. Suggestions for names...

Welshie's Bloomers.

Forbidden Y Fronts.

Flouncing Drago and The Sprockets.

The Low Gear Spinners.

Melting Carbon.

The Close Passers.

Lance O'Classic's Rusty Rim Orchestra.

Slime Filled Tube.

There are certainly enough muso's whereabouts to come up with a band.

Top Bottom