Your favourite guitar solo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MntnMan62

Über Member
@raleighnut
I actually meant Earl Slick

@MntnMan62
As is Brian Setzer

I have to say I'm not much of a Brian Setzer fan.

carlcaulkett

Have a listen to Michael Karoli's guitar on Verfolgung by Irmin Schmidt from the Filmmusik LP, top stuff.

You'll need the original vinyl LP, it was never released on cd except as part of the Electro Violet box set but they strangely didn't include all the tracks from the original release, missing off, in my humble opinion, the two best tracks, Verfolgung being one of them. Maybe the fact that it hasn't had a cd release is why I can't find a vid of it on YouTube, I don't know.
Anyway, search it out, it's excellent. @delb0y is in luck as I can pop it on the gramophone the next time he's round my house.

I have to agree about this guitar solo. It's the one solo where I am accustomed to using the adjective "incendiary" about it. I used to have it on vinyl but sadly don't now. I've been trying to find it online but to no avail. I've even just been in a Twitter chat with Jomo Podmore - if anyone would know, he would. He doesn't. No chance of ripping it to a digital format, I suppose 😉

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I have to agree about this guitar solo. It's the one solo where I am accustomed to using the adjective "incendiary" about it. I used to have it on vinyl but sadly don't now. I've been trying to find it online but to no avail. I've even just been in a Twitter chat with Jomo Podmore - if anyone would know, he would. He doesn't. No chance of ripping it to a digital format, I suppose 😉

It's a great track isn't it? As good as Can at the height of their power and creativity.

I too have looked online to no avail, very disappointing!

If I could do a rip I would but I don't have the kit or the knowledge.

purpan

Steve Jones’ solo a couple minutes into God Save the Queen was perfect: punchy, powerful and direct.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Each and every one of the guitar concertos by Vivaldi. He really "rocked" in his time.

They're all pretty much a retread of Four Seasons though :-)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
13 copies on Discogs (link)... only one in the UK though... £23.00ish

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It's a great track isn't it? As good as Can at the height of their power and creativity.

I too have looked online to no avail, very disappointing!

If I could do a rip I would but I don't have the kit or the knowledge.
It's fairly straightforward to rip vinyl... turntable, amp, lead from headphone to mic/line-in on PC/laptop and a free bit of software called Audacity. There's plenty of YT videos. The only tricky bit is getting Audacity to listen to what you want it to hear.

Top Bottom