Your least favourite film?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sabreur

Pete;37461][quote name= said:
retold the facts as known at the time (hence the ship going down in one piece).
Not necessarily. I believe some authorities say that the ship broke in two amidships after sinking, on its way down. Witness reports from survivors are inconclusive. Hence ANTR may be the more accurate after all!

Most people who grew up on the classic (usually B/W) original are bound to hate the re-make - human nature! I certainly feel like that re Psycho, King Kong, Village of the Damned, etc. But not War of the Worlds, have to concede that the re-make was better - but then the original 1960's one was real tacky B-movie stuff!

Moulin Rouge? Now there's one I really couldn't make sense of! But I was expecting it to be a re-make of the classic 1950's (Jose Ferrer) version - took me half-way through the film to realise it wasn't: totally different story, different characters, etc, etc.[/QUOTE]

The remake of war of the worlds was better than the 53 George Pal version?! What colour is the sky in your world?:biggrin:

I will grant you that the efffects were better, but with 50+ years of development they'd better be. The original kept (as far as possible) to the original Book, merely updating it and relocating the action from Surrey to California. The remakes' plot was , where it existed, incomprehensible until you filtered it through Scientology's more ludicrous "teachings", There was no internal logic and thescript and acting was nowhere near the standard that even a Blockbuster should aspire to.:biggrin:

(Alright I am biased slightly,but only VERY slightly. My great-uncle wrote the screenplay of the original ;)[/I]

gkerr4

gbb;37463][quote=gkerr4 said:
last man standing - bruce willis i think. Went to the cinema to see it where it was a case of last man sitting - as everyone was walking out. I hate walking out on a film but was seriously tempted with that one.

there is one other film that I loathe too - can't remember it's name though. Sci-fi thing there the ship is basically going to hell - awful, truly awful

in response to the OP though - I really like Happy Gilmour

Wasnt Event Horizon was it ?. I ilked the film, but it was lacking in some parts.

For me..
Dumb and Dumber
Bill and Ted films
Anything remotely assosiated with Cheech and Chong ;):biggrin:!:biggrin:[/quote]

event horizon - yep that was it - I am in the minority with that view as most people I know think it was ok / good - but i hate it

turbo tim

First film I've walked out on in years, Beuna Vista Social Club. I hated everything about it, including the bloody awful music. Sorry Ry, not quite as bad as The League of Gentleman's Apocalypse, but close. I was out of the cinema for the latter withing 30 mins, the former I lasted 45.

papercorn2000

I had to sit through "The Princess Diaries 2" as I had a school class who had elected to go and see it. I couldn't even fall asleep!

There were Scientology references in War of the Worlds? Really, I must have been gazing into the middle distance at the time (that was pretty much the whole film!)

papercorn2000

"Lesbian Vampires III" - the plot was so far-fetched, the writing was fourth rate and the acting was wooden. I'm only going to watch it another 12 0r 13 times.

I went to see 300 this year with Mr Gates. We'd heard all the hoo and har about how racist and nasty it was, traducing the reputation of those lovely ancient Iranians etc. We'd dismissed the hoo and the har as opportunistic drivel, any excuse to knock those decadent Western dogs etc. We expected an uproarious hoot of macho madness. We came out and ranted for nigh on two hours about how nasty, racist and Fascistic it was....
I will not be buying the DVD.

BTW - This trailer for it nearly made me wet myself. ;)

papercorn2000 said:
"Lesbian Vampires III" - the plot was so far-fetched, the writing was fourth rate and the acting was wooden. I'm only going to watch it another 12 0r 13 times.
And that's going to take a long time, with only one hand to operate the freezeframe on the remote.

purpleR

Guru
twowheelsgood said:
ET. I have a pathological hatred of that movie. I'm not sure why, I was 11 at the time of release, so I guess I was pretty much the target audience. I think mushy sentimentality of it grated even at the time.

Seconded. I must have been 6 or 7 when I saw this. I screamed the place down, my mother had to forcibly remove me from the cinema, and I vomited in the car park outside. ;) And it was raining. Never seen it since!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I dont watch too many modern movies 'cos I find it hard to find ones that excite me enough, I think I have a pretty good "Turkey" filter.
However....Titanic (the modern one) was absolutely dreadful, I'm sorry but good special effects for me are not a good reason to watch a movie,the plot, the music, the schmaltz...truly dreadful. A Night to remember is waaaaay better.

The other recent crap I watched was Shaun of the dead and Hot Fuzz, just don't get why these are so feted, are they funny? Not even my kids tittered.

Top Bottom