Your number one fear with cycling ?

What is your number one fear with cycling ?

• Getting run over

Votes: 61 53.5%
  • Getting your cycle stolen

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Getting caught in a downpour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting too old to be able to ride

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Getting a puncture

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I guess being too old is unavoidable the rest is if it worries you alot.

HovR

Über Member
Not really concerned about anything on the poll, however on long fast descents I do sometimes catch myself thinking "It'd really hurt if the forks snapped right now.." :wacko:

DeepBurn

Über Member
Being side swiped by a car/lorry/van who is overtaking me in haste even though there is a car coming in the opposite direction.

It almost happened to me already, just last week, when a white van clearly couldn't wait the 5 seconds it would have taken for the car to pass us. "Pillock" (is the forum friendly version of what I yelled at him as he sped off)

Octet

Veteran
Being side swiped by a car/lorry/van who is overtaking me in haste even though there is a car coming in the opposite direction.

It almost happened to me already, just last week, when a white van clearly couldn't wait the 5 seconds it would have taken for the car to pass us. "Pillock" (is the forum friendly version of what I yelled at him as he sped off)

I had a similar situation, an HGV that came less than a meter away... that was scary to say the least!

Sandra6

Veteran
I wasn't scared of any of those until you brought it up, now I wonder if I ought to be?!
I do worry about falling off, not getting knocked off, but just losing it and going down, hard. Makes me hang on the brakes on downhills.

byegad

Legendary Member
I voted for getting too old. But I also fear some docile do gooding clown will make me wear a ridiculous, useless Styrofoam hat to do it.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Mine is a fairly common fear, I guess. On my roadie, going down a fast hill, with a bend in the middle, wet, but countryside, so no traffic. A herd of sheep suddenly morph into "horror-clowns", and jump over the fence, chasing me down the hill, waving axes, and laughing maniacally, their eyes red and glowing, their bow ties spinning, fake flowers in their lapels spurting blood instead of water. :smile:
ahh....you've been through Bedlington then...........

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
2040574 said:
Is this bike thieving asylum seekers or just asylum seekers who might be bike thieves?

I don't get this at all, why do people make such a big deal about Asylum seekers? Admittedly Soul Asylum were the worst of the college rock trio that included The Replacements and Husker Du but their albums are easy enough to find online.

I say anyone who is willing to overlook 'Runaway Train' I say they should have our support as music lovers.

Top Bottom