Your number one fear with cycling ?

What is your number one fear with cycling ?

• Getting run over

Votes: 61 53.5%
  • Getting your cycle stolen

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Getting caught in a downpour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Getting too old to be able to ride

Votes: 19 16.7%
  • Getting a puncture

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I put punctures down, and they are my major fear, and they do occur regularly though i've been lucky this year. Being run over is my second fear but touch wood it's never happened so unlike punctures my fear is irrational( i hope).:sad:

to pinch a phrase from another cc member ... i fear cockwombles:thumbsup:

ACS

Legendary Member
Being rear ended. Came close recently, cresting a hill in heavy rain when I heard the sound of tyres failing to grip the road. Check behind and saw that vehicle was close enough for me to see the brand of phone the driver was using. So I'm off down the hill like a man possessed. Just not quick enough, the car connected with me giving me the gentlest of nudges; bit of tickle you might say. He then over took me crashing through the 30 mph signs as we entered the village at the bottom of the hill side-by-side and he was still on his phone. No point in getting anti or stressed about it. What can I do to change the culture of a nation?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I voted for the run over option (out of the choices given).

My actual biggest fear is probably some kind of high speed, downhill crash. Something involving the headtube breaking away from the top tube or maybe the handlebars snapping. Unlikely though and I don't think about such things often. Well, I didn't until I read this thread!
I can't claim any high speeds, uphill or downhill :smile:, but yes, after the fear of being run over, top tube or handlebar failure on a descend is what I fear most. Most illogical, I know :wacko:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
That it will become wildly popular, that my colleagues will all turn up to work on their bikes in the middle of winter and have an amusing discussion about snotcicles around the coffee machine.

My wife ever finding out just how much I spend on bikes during the year

Moodyman

Legendary Member
That it will become wildly popular, that my colleagues will all turn up to work on their bikes in the middle of winter and have an amusing discussion about snotcicles around the coffee machine.

I can relate to this. One of the joys of cycling is doing something few other people do. It wouldn't be the same if it became mainstream.

D

Deleted member 20519

I voted for the run over option (out of the choices given).

My actual biggest fear is probably some kind of high speed, downhill crash. Something involving the headtube breaking away from the top tube or maybe the handlebars snapping. Unlikely though and I don't think about such things often. Well, I didn't until I read this thread!

The front wheel coming away from the bike after not tightening up the quick release properly and the forks hitting the tarmac at 30mph.

Top Bottom