Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cavalol

Guru
Just the commute yesterday.. 14 miles there, 15 back as I took a slightly different route.

View attachment 417156

Orlingbury village green (yellow) on the way to w*rk.

View attachment 417155

And a random pic, in Moulton village, on the way home at 01:30 ish.

30 miles for the day, ruined by the 10 hour gap between the rides!

:smile:

Brilliant pictures, especially the bottom one. Is that a Defy 2? Brilliant bikes, my first 'proper' cycle was one of those and I absolutely loved it.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Living the dream again. This time in the Dordogne department of France. Like typical Brits abroad, we have both completely overdone the sunbathing, and I have a tan line around my head that may well compel me to wear a hat 24/7 for the next few months to avoid ridicule. Anyway, before that I got up at stupid o'clock for a bike ride in Spring-like conditions before the heat of the day (it hit 35 degrees later on). First off, I climbed my way up a winding little hill road to St Amand de Coly:
168 Near St Amand de Coly.JPG

.... guided by my trusty "Flatnav"
169 St Amand de Coly.JPG

.... except i got lost just after that, and ended up doing an involuntary loop back to a familiar crossroads via a road that was not marked on the map, and with virtually no signposts anywhere except to named houses, rather than villages. After that, I followed the long, smooth D704 to Montignac down a 3 mile hill that was marked as "7%". There was no way I was coming back that way when it heated up a bit later! Montignac seen from across the River Vezere:
171 Montignac.JPG

Sussing out the lie of the land and the local geography, I made the spur-of-the-moment decision to head along parallel to the Vezere in the direction of Condat, then re-cross the river and return to the gite up a more gently sloping valley past Coly and through the maize fields. The D703 was beautifully quiet, and all went to plan except for a full-on headwind all the way to Condat.
173 Montignac to Condat road.JPG

Is there a "Your bike in front of a Mairie" thread yet? This was the Mairie at Condat, right by the bridge over the Vezere:
174 Condat.JPG

Did a tiny detour when I got to Coly, just for one more photo:
175 Coly.JPG

Just before arriving "home", I came across this beautiful field of sunflowers down in the valley:
176 Sunflowers.JPG

Arrived back at about 09:30, with the temperature in the high 20s (27 or 28 I think) and made straight for the pool before breakfast. Mrs D had just woken up and was outside when I arrived, taking this picture, then serving up coffee and croissants on the patio.
177 Returning home.JPG

That's it for the sweat-drenched Cyclechat shirt for this holiday. Like I said, I then proceeded, in between a couple of short trips out in the car, to spend far too much time in and around the pool, and am lobster pink just about everywhere. (I was only trying to get rid of the ridiculous cyclist's tan lines, not to burn the rest of me too!) Oh well, back out early again tomorrow. Where to? .....Where to?.... (Thinks).
Enjoy your Summer rides wherever you are, folks.
Cheers, Donger.

Last edited:

colly

Re member eR
[QUOTE 5294007, member: 9609"]Sun Down Moon Up ride

I think I made a wise choice the night to give the football a miss and clock up some miles instead. You just can't turn down long summer evenings like this!

View attachment 416822
contender for bike in front of a gate thread

View attachment 416823
a wee romantic moment with the bike in some soon to be fields of gold

View attachment 416824
looking south to the distant border and wondering how Engerland is getting on in the football (i wasn't really)

View attachment 416831

heading west towards the Eildons

View attachment 416825
I love a bit of sunset
View attachment 416827

and over the other side of the hill

View attachment 416828
I love a bit of the moon rising too
View attachment 416829
The Hill is 'Hedgehope' ower the border in Engerland

View attachment 416830
Now that had to be better than the football ?[/QUOTE]

Outstanding !

colly

Re member eR
Out at just after 9am. Too late I realised later given how hot it was.

I went east out through Cross Gates and decided to go 'cross country' so headed up Barnbow Lane and past the old tank factory to pick up the track that leads across Garforth Golf Club and all the way through Parlington to Aberford. It's called Parlington Lane but it's just a track, a little rough but easily managed on a road bike. There's a curious tunnel about 60m long which curves slightly so you can't see the far end. It's every bit as dark inside as it looks. Especially coming from bright sunlight.

20180701_100804.jpg

20180701_100819.jpg

From Aberford straight north through Bramham and Clifford to Boston Spa. Where looking at the map posted by @NorthernDave we followed a very similar route.
I even stopped at Whins Lane on the outskirts of Thorpe Arch village. I'm glad I didn't take a photo because pics from my phone would be put to shame by Dave's pics.
Carrying on north past the YOI, through Walton, past Bickerton and eventually turning east towards Cowthorpe. It sounds a bit, y'know, grim, but in fact it's a pleasant little hamlet. I doubt the nightlife is much to shout home about though.
The River Nidd runs nearby so whilst taking a drink in the shade I grabbed a couple of photos.

IMG-20180701-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20180701-WA0002.jpeg

Not much to see really but......................well you get the idea.

For some reason the sun and the heat had really got to me by this stage and turning south towards Wetherby I was beginning to flag badly. I by-passed the town and headed into Leeds on the A58. Turning left at Collingham up Jewitt Lane. For some reason, even though it's a bit of a clamber up, it's almost always preferable to grinding along the A58.
So it was along the top, through East Rigton, round the back of Hetchel Woods, Thorner, Bramley Grange and back home.

Oh boy, was I pleased to get back. I was well and truely cooked, over-cooked in fact. So much so it took me a while to get myself together when I got in.
I don't know why I was so badly affected. I've done longer rides in hottter weather before and I always take plenty to drink. Just one of those things.

37 very hot and sticky miles with 1600ft of up.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/24980276

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Brilliant pictures, especially the bottom one. Is that a Defy 2? Brilliant bikes, my first 'proper' cycle was one of those and I absolutely loved it.
Thanks, my commute is along country lanes, mainly, so if time allows, I grab a few pics.
Yep, it’s a Defy2! Fairly original too, just the normal consumables renewed over the years. It’s a pleasure to ride..

Club ride yesterday
It was hot and we had a long run to Turville Heath in the Chilterns
Went via Datchet, Eton Dorney Maidehead Cookham and Marlow, up into the Chilterns and with a lot of climbing and the delightfull small lanes to our stopping point of the Barn, this is a no car cafe, just walkers and cyclists
We returned with the heat having built even more via Henley, Wargrave Twyford and Drift ROad

Stopping at traffic lights was the worst bit, soo hot
I kept drinking regularly but needed to drink so much whenI returned

64.77 miles at 15.7 mph (ignoring Strava's more pessimistic figure)
1913 feet climbed. I was flagging a little at the end. Think mre liquid would've helped

https://www.strava.com/activities/1674077795

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Out at just after 9am. Too late I realised later given how hot it was.

I went east out through Cross Gates and decided to go 'cross country' so headed up Barnbow Lane and past the old tank factory to pick up the track that leads across Garforth Golf Club and all the way through Parlington to Aberford. It's called Parlington Lane but it's just a track, a little rough but easily managed on a road bike. There's a curious tunnel about 60m long which curves slightly so you can't see the far end. It's every bit as dark inside as it looks. Especially coming from bright sunlight.

View attachment 417319

View attachment 417320

From Aberford straight north through Bramham and Clifford to Boston Spa. Where looking at the map posted by @NorthernDave we followed a very similar route.
I even stopped at Whins Lane on the outskirts of Thorpe Arch village. I'm glad I didn't take a photo because pics from my phone would be put to shame by Dave's pics.
Carrying on north past the YOI, through Walton, past Bickerton and eventually turning east towards Cowthorpe. It sounds a bit, y'know, grim, but in fact it's a pleasant little hamlet. I doubt the nightlife is much to shout home about though.
The River Nidd runs nearby so whilst taking a drink in the shade I grabbed a couple of photos.

View attachment 417321

View attachment 417322

Not much to see really but......................well you get the idea.

For some reason the sun and the heat had really got to me by this stage and turning south towards Wetherby I was beginning to flag badly. I by-passed the town and headed into Leeds on the A58. Turning left at Collingham up Jewitt Lane. For some reason, even though it's a bit of a clamber up, it's almost always preferable to grinding along the A58.
So it was along the top, through East Rigton, round the back of Hetchel Woods, Thorner, Bramley Grange and back home.

Oh boy, was I pleased to get back. I was well and truely cooked, over-cooked in fact. So much so it took me a while to get myself together when I got in.
I don't know why I was so badly affected. I've done longer rides in hottter weather before and I always take plenty to drink. Just one of those things.

37 very hot and sticky miles with 1600ft of up.

View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/24980276

You're not wrong - the sharp climb up Jewitt Lane, or even Rigton Bank, is always preferable to the long uphill grind along the A58.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Living the dream again. This time in the Dordogne department of France. Like typical Brits abroad, we have both completely overdone the sunbathing, and I have a tan line around my head that may well compel me to wear a hat 24/7 for the next few months to avoid ridicule. Anyway, before that I got up at stupid o'clock for a bike ride in Spring-like conditions before the heat of the day (it hit 35 degrees later on). First off, I climbed my way up a winding little hill road to St Amand de Coly:
View attachment 417303
.... guided by my trusty "Flatnav"
View attachment 417304
.... except i got lost just after that, and ended up doing an involuntary loop back to a familiar crossroads via a road that was not marked on the map, and with virtually no signposts anywhere except to named houses, rather than villages. After that, I followed the long, smooth D704 to Montignac down a 3 mile hill that was marked as "7%". There was no way I was coming back that way when it heated up a bit later! Montignac seen from across the River Vezere:
View attachment 417305
Sussing out the lie of the land and the local geography, I made the spur-of-the-moment decision to head along parallel to the Vezere in the direction of Condat, then re-cross the river and return to the gite up a more gently sloping valley past Coly and through the maize fields. The D703 was beautifully quiet, and all went to plan except for a full-on headwind all the way to Condat.
View attachment 417306
Is there a "Your bike in front of a Mairie" thread yet? This was the Mairie at Condat, right by the bridge over the Vezere:
View attachment 417307
Did a tiny detour when I got to Coly, just for one more photo:
View attachment 417308
Just before arriving "home", I came across this beautiful field of sunflowers down in the valley:
View attachment 417309
Arrived back at about 09:30, with the temperature in the high 20s (27 or 28 I think) and made straight for the pool before breakfast. Mrs D had just woken up and was outside when I arrived, taking this picture, then serving up coffee and croissants on the patio.
View attachment 417310
That's it for the sweat-drenched Cyclechat shirt for this holiday. Like I said, I then proceeded, in between a couple of short trips out in the car, to spend far too much time in and around the pool, and am lobster pink just about everywhere. (I was only trying to get rid of the ridiculous cyclist's tan lines, not to burn the rest of me too!) Oh well, back out early again tomorrow. Where to? .....Where to?.... (Thinks).
Enjoy your Summer rides wherever you are, folks.
Cheers, Donger.
Wonderful part of the world, we stayed at St Leon last year and are back there again in the Summer

jongooligan

Legendary Member
Yesterday was the inaugral Tockwith 200 from (you guessed it) Tockwith near York. The organiser had cautiously capped the entries to 8 riders, effectively making us guinea pigs for future events. We were asked to provide as much feedback as possible so that he could make improvements for next year.

Six road bikes. one MTB and a bent set off at 8:30 in blazing sunshine on what was already a hot day to do a loop around York, Selby and Tadcaster that would bring us back to Tocky for lunch. After lunch we would head up to Ripon, Masham and Bedale before turning south for Tocky.

Except, for me, it didn't turn out like that.

The ride out to the outskirts of York went well enough but then my garmin had a disagreement with the garmin of the bloke I was riding with (Hi Richard). After poring over the route sheet for a while we were still no wiser but figured out that if we headed for the racecourse we'd pick up the Trans Pennine Way and get back on route. That worked out OK and the only problems we had between York and Selby were the very bumpy surface of the cycle track and the number of dog walkers. But still, even slowing down for them we kept our average speed at 16mph and on the road sections we were licking along at 22mph.

More garmin disagreements made for more faffing at Selby where we got proof of passage from the railway station. After some discussion we realised that Richard had a more up to date gpx file so decided to follow his garmin from there onwards. The next section included a crossing of Burn airfield which was once tarmac but is now very loose and lumpy hardcore with the odd short section of good tarmac. I was on 25mm Luganos and was mightily relieved to get to the other end without a visitation - it would be extremely challenging in the wet on any kind of road tyre I think.

From there it was all on real roads with the navigation becoming increasingly easier despite what seemed unecessary detours onto cycle paths and through housing estates in South Milford and Tadcaster.

But all was not well. I was getting a hot pain across my left buttock and strange sensations in my left foot with it feeling both hot and cold at the same time. Riding out of the saddle gave me some relief but it got worse with my foot getting pins and needles and then becoming numb. Five miles short of Tockwith I knew my ride was coming to an end.

Tocky 200 southern loop
upload_2018-7-2_8-19-25.png

That's what I did, this is what I was intending to do.
Tocky 200
upload_2018-7-2_8-21-40.png

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do next. Still got a pain in the left buttock this morning so I think I made the right decision as another 70 odd miles yesterday would have been unbearable and could have had long term consequences. I was intending to spend my retirement doing a few more audaxes but am now wondering whether my body is up to it.

As for the Tocky 200, the complex navigation around the towns and the use of cycle paths to avoid main roads gets a thumbs down from me. I can understand why the organiser has done it but it made for too much stop-start riding for me.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yesterday was the inaugral Tockwith 200 from (you guessed it) Tockwith near York. The organiser had cautiously capped the entries to 8 riders, effectively making us guinea pigs for future events. We were asked to provide as much feedback as possible so that he could make improvements for next year.

Six road bikes. one MTB and a bent set off at 8:30 in blazing sunshine on what was already a hot day to do a loop around York, Selby and Tadcaster that would bring us back to Tocky for lunch. After lunch we would head up to Ripon, Masham and Bedale before turning south for Tocky.

Except, for me, it didn't turn out like that.

The ride out to the outskirts of York went well enough but then my garmin had a disagreement with the garmin of the bloke I was riding with (Hi Richard). After poring over the route sheet for a while we were still no wiser but figured out that if we headed for the racecourse we'd pick up the Trans Pennine Way and get back on route. That worked out OK and the only problems we had between York and Selby were the very bumpy surface of the cycle track and the number of dog walkers. But still, even slowing down for them we kept our average speed at 16mph and on the road sections we were licking along at 22mph.

More garmin disagreements made for more faffing at Selby where we got proof of passage from the railway station. After some discussion we realised that Richard had a more up to date gpx file so decided to follow his garmin from there onwards. The next section included a crossing of Burn airfield which was once tarmac but is now very loose and lumpy hardcore with the odd short section of good tarmac. I was on 25mm Luganos and was mightily relieved to get to the other end without a visitation - it would be extremely challenging in the wet on any kind of road tyre I think.

From there it was all on real roads with the navigation becoming increasingly easier despite what seemed unecessary detours onto cycle paths and through housing estates in South Milford and Tadcaster.

But all was not well. I was getting a hot pain across my left buttock and strange sensations in my left foot with it feeling both hot and cold at the same time. Riding out of the saddle gave me some relief but it got worse with my foot getting pins and needles and then becoming numb. Five miles short of Tockwith I knew my ride was coming to an end.

Tocky 200 southern loop
View attachment 417331

That's what I did, this is what I was intending to do.
Tocky 200
View attachment 417333

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do next. Still got a pain in the left buttock this morning so I think I made the right decision as another 70 odd miles yesterday would have been unbearable and could have had long term consequences. I was intending to spend my retirement doing a few more audaxes but am now wondering whether my body is up to it.

As for the Tocky 200, the complex navigation around the towns and the use of cycle paths to avoid main roads gets a thumbs down from me. I can understand why the organiser has done it but it made for too much stop-start riding for me.
A like for the write up but sorry you needed to cut the ride short. I hope your pain clears up soon.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
We were up at 5am and into the car for a 40 minute drive to Sault.
Once there we unloaded the tandem and set off down hill for the first mile. Then the climb started. Gentle, pretty 3-6%, peppery, spicy and sweet smells on the morning air.
We rode for a while with a French bloke but then we stopped to water the plants.
Eventually Chalet Reynard appeared. We bought a mars bar each and troughed it!
Off again, 6km to go. I’d slept funny and my neck was killing me. Up and up.... it was still quite cool. There was one long pitch of 9/10% and it did me good and proper. I had to stop, I was shaking. Some dolly mixtures were had and some water. Sorted
Mrs Dave was fine, I keep telling her she’s hard as nails! We are blaming my recent virus, that hides a lot of Crapness!

One final push and we were at the top with applause from a watching crowd!

We ate and rested for half an hour, and then the decent.... beautiful. I was very conservative and measured, I have a precious cargo!

The last mile.....5/7% up! Nice.
FC30B785-BC4C-464B-9B11-75F647DBC571.jpeg
5421FFAF-C4AB-45F5-9E45-4B5F832ADE04.jpeg
5C932307-EEAB-423C-A0CF-0BB1D4F9DB30.jpeg
BD5CFD13-218B-4921-BF27-6326ACEEB1D8.jpeg
C16AB6C5-39D0-4547-B791-EDB8253B58AE.jpeg
DA3DB452-73AA-4E97-989F-E4F0E4666E51.jpeg
2F456E4F-A809-4302-842B-42B5C4FB3777.jpeg
2A6903DB-D4FB-4BE1-BA07-6EB01C7110BC.jpeg
75073096-00A9-4CCA-8C57-7ADFADD41269.jpeg

https://www.strava.com/activities/1675668063

13 rider

Guru
Once there we unloaded the tandem and set off down hill for the first mile. Then the climb started. Gentle, pretty 3-6%, peppery, spicy and sweet smells on the morning air.
We rode for a while with a French bloke but then we stopped to water the plants.
Off again, 6km to go. I’d slept funny and my neck was killing me. Up and up.... it was still quite cool. There was one long pitch of 9/10% and it did me good and proper. I had to stop, I was shaking. Some dolly mixtures were had and some water. Sorted
Mrs Dave was fine, I keep telling her she’s hard as nails! We are blaming my recent virus, that hides a lot of Crapness!

We ate and rested for half an hour, and then the decent.... beautiful. I was very conservative and measured, I have a precious cargo!

View attachment 417354 View attachment 417355 View attachment 417356 View attachment 417357 View attachment 417358 View attachment 417359 View attachment 417360 View attachment 417361 View attachment 417362

Well done both :thumbsup::notworthy:.

Dark46

Veteran
Well I didn't have much chance to post this yesterday when the ride took place.

It was my 1st ride of the year with my club KCC. It has taken a while as it was only my second ride since Emma (My wife) died in June 2017. The last one with KCC in October last year.

Numbers were slightly down as people were doing the race of life and other acivties.

I was slightly nervous about the ride with the weather and not having been out for a while. But as we started I had forgot above the wind that is generated while your riding at was quite cool while on the move.

We headed north towards Over and the Ledbury road. for some reason it seemed that all the traffic lights were against us but on a day like this things could be a lot worse. We headed into Maisemore were we turned left on to the old road and I let off a sigh of relief as this roads hill would have been far worse on the return as its much steeper. As we approached the hill we closed on a horse on just as I hoped for a @Donger (Sorry bud but I was missing you) sized hole in the air the horse pulled over so no help was gained. I struggled up the hill which was to be expected but as always loved the decent on the otherside. From here it was towards Ashleworth we headed, a place the club knows well. It was along here that we had a Mercedes 4x4 come up behind and at first I thought he was being sensible and not a problem until coming up to bend i found he was alongside me and only about a foot away. Theres always ONE! as we came out of the bend with him in front there were 2 cars side by side in the lane and we slowed. Going passed the cars we both turned right and he immediately pulled in to a layby. As Paul who was with me at the time said "what was the point in that?" It was no long after this that I got separated from the others and when I got to a 4 way junction there were no one in slight. I took the opportunity to grab a drink and a couple of photos.After a few minutes Darren and Paul had come back to see if they could find me.

It was about the 12 mile mark my legs started to complain not a lot but enough to to slow me down more than I would like on any incline. There was no way was I going to give in on any incline, as @Donger always says pick a pace and stick at it no matter how slow as long as you get up . Wise words I``ve always stuck to.

The countryside around Ashleworth , Tirley is great we are so lucky. So it was too Chaceley and Forthampton before going to Upper Pendock , from here it was back over the M50 and heading back south towards Staunton and a stop for coffee and possibly some cake. heading to Pendock and Eldersfield there are a few inclines and Paul let me have his wheel and this helped greatly. When we enterted Eldersfield we came across a road race and had to stop to let them through. The next time we stopped was for Coffee.

Even though we stopped at a garden centre you would have thought that we stopped at cyclists coffee shop as 90% of the people sat down were in cycling kit.
I had a piece of green cake and a latte which was much needed.

Today it was the first time that I was using cleat covers while off the bike and you could tell as getting back on the bike after the stop I was trying to clip in with the covers still on!!!! Numpty.

From here it was a straight road back to Gloucester with one hill at Hartpury which turned out not to be as bad as I expected. Then into Gloucester on the bypass I saw a gap in the traffic and headed to the cyclepath. It was like a snooker table compared to the roads with no potholes. Earlier in the ride I thought I was attempting to achieve human flight when pointing out all the problems eitherside of the bike.

We got back to the pub at about 13:00 were I had a cider shandy and then decided to have dinner and a few soda and limes. Yet again leaving the pub at 17:00 I set off trying to clip in with the cleat covers still on.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1674459978

So 38 miles under the belt and hopefully this is where my year begins with the bike. I just want to thank everybody here and in the KCC for all the support over the hard last year that I wouldn`t wish on my worst enemy.

Attachments

• IMG_20180701_112349.jpg
    IMG_20180701_112349.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20180701_101254.jpg
    IMG_20180701_101254.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20180701_101108.jpg
    IMG_20180701_101108.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20180701_110412.jpg
    IMG_20180701_110412.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Well I didn't have much chance to post this yesterday when the ride took place.

It was my 1st ride of the year with my club KCC. It has taken a while as it was only my second ride since Emma (My wife) died in June 2017. The last one with KCC in October last year.

Numbers were slightly down as people were doing the race of life and other acivties.

I was slightly nervous about the ride with the weather and not having been out for a while. But as we started I had forgot above the wind that is generated while your riding at was quite cool while on the move.

We headed north towards Over and the Ledbury road. for some reason it seemed that all the traffic lights were against us but on a day like this things could be a lot worse. We headed into Maisemore were we turned left on to the old road and I let off a sigh of relief as this roads hill would have been far worse on the return as its much steeper. As we approached the hill we closed on a horse on just as I hoped for a @Donger (Sorry bud but I was missing you) sized hole in the air the horse pulled over so no help was gained. I struggled up the hill which was to be expected but as always loved the decent on the otherside. From here it was towards Ashleworth we headed, a place the club knows well. It was along here that we had a Mercedes 4x4 come up behind and at first I thought he was being sensible and not a problem until coming up to bend i found he was alongside me and only about a foot away. Theres always ONE! as we came out of the bend with him in front there were 2 cars side by side in the lane and we slowed. Going passed the cars we both turned right and he immediately pulled in to a layby. As Paul who was with me at the time said "what was the point in that?" It was no long after this that I got separated from the others and when I got to a 4 way junction there were no one in slight. I took the opportunity to grab a drink and a couple of photos.After a few minutes Darren and Paul had come back to see if they could find me.

It was about the 12 mile mark my legs started to complain not a lot but enough to to slow me down more than I would like on any incline. There was no way was I going to give in on any incline, as @Donger always says pick a pace and stick at it no matter how slow as long as you get up . Wise words I``ve always stuck to.

The countryside around Ashleworth , Tirley is great we are so lucky. So it was too Chaceley and Forthampton before going to Upper Pendock , from here it was back over the M50 and heading back south towards Staunton and a stop for coffee and possibly some cake. heading to Pendock and Eldersfield there are a few inclines and Paul let me have his wheel and this helped greatly. When we enterted Eldersfield we came across a road race and had to stop to let them through. The next time we stopped was for Coffee.

Even though we stopped at a garden centre you would have thought that we stopped at cyclists coffee shop as 90% of the people sat down were in cycling kit.
I had a piece of green cake and a latte which was much needed.

Today it was the first time that I was using cleat covers while off the bike and you could tell as getting back on the bike after the stop I was trying to clip in with the covers still on!!!! Numpty.

From here it was a straight road back to Gloucester with one hill at Hartpury which turned out not to be as bad as I expected. Then into Gloucester on the bypass I saw a gap in the traffic and headed to the cyclepath. It was like a snooker table compared to the roads with no potholes. Earlier in the ride I thought I was attempting to achieve human flight when pointing out all the problems eitherside of the bike.

We got back to the pub at about 13:00 were I had a cider shandy and then decided to have dinner and a few soda and limes. Yet again leaving the pub at 17:00 I set off trying to clip in with the cleat covers still on.

So 38 miles under the belt and hopefully this is where my year begins with the bike. I just want to thank everybody here and in the KCC for all the support over the hard last year that I wouldn`t wish on my worst enemy.
Glad your back out on the bike and enjoying it

View attachment 417354 View attachment 417355 View attachment 417356 View attachment 417357 View attachment 417358 View attachment 417359 View attachment 417360 View attachment 417361 View attachment 417362

Chapeau! :notworthy:

The top of that really looks like the surface of another planet. :ohmy:

Top Bottom