Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
It is. I have had it for 2 years now.
I thought it very similar to my wife's Bergamont, but I couldn't see the battery.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
On a cycling holiday in Peak District this week, staying in the village of Froggatt.
Yesterday rode Winnats Pass and came down (carefully) the old collapsed road.

Today we headed in the same direction but took a right in Hope for the road to Edale and then climbed Mam Tor from that direction.

The weather has been fantastic with the heat making the climbing that bit more challenging BUT so rewarding.

Some pics......

IMG_20180703_153811.jpg

IMG_20180703_153711.jpg

IMG_20180703_135415.jpg

IMG_20180704_104255.jpg

IMG_20180704_151527.jpg

IMG_20180702_191839.jpg

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Up far too early after another night shift so decided to go out for a quick loop around Windsor Great Park. Rather frustratingly they have spread fine gravel on the roads in the park to stop them melting, which means slower riding to stop the bike washing out on corners and slower downhills. No issue with that, but very annoyingly the gravel is the perfect size to get stuck between front mudguard and tyre since I've fitted 28Cs on the Yukon, so frequent stops to roll backwards and release the offending item. A little adjustment is on order.
Met an Australian couple at deer park who were after directions, so rode with them to a point where I thought navigation back to Windsor would be simple. Great to have a chat, they are touring in a motorhome for a few months, have done lots of Europe too. Funnily enough they are here to escape the heat in Sydney...

C R

Guru
Met an Australian couple at deer park who were after directions, so rode with them to a point where I thought navigation back to Windsor would be simple. Great to have a chat, they are touring in a motorhome for a few months, have done lots of Europe too. Funnily enough they are here to escape the heat in Sydney...
How does that work, isn't it winter down under now?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
John G, Pete M, Jules H and me met up at Newland. Jules was feeling unwell so after chats he headed home. We three took the standard run out for Suckley to take the lane for Linley Green admiring the brickwork under the skew bridge as we climbed. At Stanford Bishop John decided he'd head back so Pete and I dropped into the Frome valley to climb out again for Munderfield. Brain nav got it wrong at the end of the lane as I turned left. Soon enough I realised the mistake so we turned around. Through another lane took us to Stoke Lacy and a bit of an up to Crowells Ash. Now we were ready for Pencombe and the climb of Hegdon Hill where the views out over the Shropshire, Herefordshire, Gloucstershire and Welsh hills was amazing. Just a drop off the Hill and a dodge by England's Gate brought us to the Golf Club cafe.

Lovely refreshments set us up for a for a new lane by The Vauld as we headed for Marden and Sutton St Nicholas. Withington saw us cross the main Hereford road and we took the Weston Beggard dodge to avoid the Ledbury main road. Thence a fairly standard run through to Bosbury was soon under our wheels. Pete didn't want to climb back over The Wyche so I lead us through the lanes to Cradley and back to the Leigh Brook for a standard route in. We paused at Newland Poultry for Pete to organise some chicken supplies before taking the Madresfield route home. Lovely outing today. Superb countryside out west. Shame I can't persuade others to come this way more often. 72 smiles

Slick

Guru
[QUOTE 5301710, member: 9609"]Night of the Football ride.

It was just too nice a n evening to stay in watching the football, so with the video set I head for the last light of the day.
View attachment 417748
View attachment 417749

shadows starting to get long
View attachment 417750

and then the picture that nearly ruined the whole ride- the whole place was silent when I paused to take this - then from the pub the unmistakably sound of a goal being scored on a TV. I couldn't make out what the commentator was saying, but then a voice from within the bar saying in very disappointed tones "I knew they were going to score"
I didn't know the time and guessed if it was the England Columbia game, then it would be extra time, or may be the game was over and this was highlights from another game - also this is Scotland so the disappointed punter may have just witnessed England Scoring ...... plenty Columbian supporters round here.

This dilema was to prey on me or the rest of the ride.
View attachment 417751

Anyway, on with the riding - not much of a sunset
View attachment 417752

but then the next hour was just wonderful, I just love riding in the failing light
View attachment 417753 View attachment 417754 View attachment 417755
Didn't get home till after midnight, and the game wasn't spoiled by the comment from the pub, however I later worked out that the momet I took the photo of the couple on the bench was the moment of the Columbian equaliser...

Didn't get to my bed till about 2:30, but what a game and that penalty shoot out could not have been any more nerve racking.

Think I might watch the Sweden game live - plenty time to get out on the bike afterwards.[/QUOTE]
You have a video. :eek:

pawl

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5301710, member: 9609"]Night of the Football ride.

It was just too nice a n evening to stay in watching the football, so with the video set I head for the last light of the day.
View attachment 417748
View attachment 417749

shadows starting to get long
View attachment 417750

and then the picture that nearly ruined the whole ride- the whole place was silent when I paused to take this - then from the pub the unmistakably sound of a goal being scored on a TV. I couldn't make out what the commentator was saying, but then a voice from within the bar saying in very disappointed tones "I knew they were going to score"
I didn't know the time and guessed if it was the England Columbia game, then it would be extra time, or may be the game was over and this was highlights from another game - also this is Scotland so the disappointed punter may have just witnessed England Scoring ...... plenty Columbian supporters round here.

This dilema was to prey on me or the rest of the ride.
View attachment 417751

Anyway, on with the riding - not much of a sunset
View attachment 417752

but then the next hour was just wonderful, I just love riding in the failing light
View attachment 417753 View attachment 417754 View attachment 417755
Didn't get home till after midnight, and the game wasn't spoiled by the comment from the pub, however I later worked out that the momet I took the photo of the couple on the bench was the moment of the Columbian equaliser...

Didn't get to my bed till about 2:30, but what a game and that penalty shoot out could not have been any more nerve racking.

Think I might watch the Sweden game live - plenty time to get out on the bike afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget the T D F starts Saturday.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Today we cycled the Gorge de la Nesque from Ville sur Auzon. To say it was truly stunning would be to understate it a bit! A lovely snaking climb of 3/5% for about 15 miles.
We then had a bit of a decent into a village for a drink stop and then a barsteward of a climb of about 8km at 6/8%. The decent to Auzon was nice, almost 45mph top speed.
And an Egyptian vulture!

Edit! Mrs Dave was sh1tting herself if I went remotely near the edge. That just encouraged me more!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1682138285

D91F1FCE-7551-49FD-BF05-8F700810176A.jpeg
A55D2908-3AEA-459A-9590-E942CD0C0F0F.jpeg
D9F4165C-3799-4F1C-AF98-B7A24CA58DF2.jpeg
12D3F5C2-337E-4982-A0B7-2ED339EB9491.jpeg
CCF00E1F-AD03-4327-AA90-1371E825E442.jpeg
E16D2DDB-B786-4357-B73A-6F8F75B53E36.jpeg
625D9E39-545A-47A6-A994-0DCEB5C5246F.jpeg
B11C8F42-0BB3-4EF2-B3F6-F1A1501886FB.jpeg
3F4A742A-9405-433C-9E8E-BBEA0DEC341B.jpeg
B612B6B7-2F1E-4175-AB4D-8DB58830D968.jpeg

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Today we cycled the Gorge de la Nesque from Ville sur Auzon. To say it was truly stunning would be to understate it a bit! A lovely snaking climb of 3/5% for about 15 miles.
We then had a bit of a decent into a village for a drink stop and then a barsteward of a climb of about 8km at 6/8%. The decent to Auzon was nice, almost 45mph top speed.
And an Egyptian vulture!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1682138285

View attachment 417780 View attachment 417781 View attachment 417782 View attachment 417783 View attachment 417784 View attachment 417786 View attachment 417788 View attachment 417789 View attachment 417790 View attachment 417791

That looks stunning scenery.

Top Bottom