Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Same route as yesterday but somehow half a mile longer!

Good to get out though, 4 miles off 1500 for the year, which is my highest since I started cycling 4-5 years ago.

upload_2018-9-23_20-1-36.png

upload_2018-9-23_20-2-5.png

upload_2018-9-23_20-2-27.png

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
No photos, but the 600km Blackpool-Glasgow-Blackpool audax this weekend: wind, some rain, cold, very cold and tough.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1861202551
Wow!
Well done David.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Well done @Arjimlad . That last picture looks like the climb through Middleyard/Selsley from King's Stanley. One of my favourite climbs around Stroud because of the way it goes up like a flight of stairs with regular rests in between the steep bits. Great views to the side as you climb, too. Not sure I'd want to do it in the middle of a 100 miler, though!

C R

Guru
Wet and slightly miserable ride today. I like going out early, so that I am back in time for family activities. Today the forecast was for rain, and then more rain.

Out at quarter to seven, not raining yet, but it was in the air. Dark and about 8C. Wore the rain jacket, but shorts and summer gloves, which turned out to be a mistake. Lights definitely needed.

As I wasn't sure about the weather I headed for Droitwich through town, and by the time I went past Foregate Street it was raining steadily and the road was wet. Followed the A38, and then a left for Claines, a right over the A449 bridge and then left after the school to go down towards the canal. These are narrow lanes, with steep ups and downs, nice to ride, but today were full of debris from the weeks weather, and required care and attention. By the time I got near Droitwich the cold was making my fingers uncomfortable, and my knees wete refusing to warm up, so decided to start turning towards home. So over the A38 at Copcut, skirting Droitwich heading for Crawle, then past the Hospital, through the county hall grounds, and down Broomhall for a change.

Just over 20 miles at a sedate 12.9mph. The bike is now really quiet after installing the new deraileurs and chain, a slightly hesitant shift at times, but that's tomorrow's fettling.

And the map
IMG_20180923_230528.jpg

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Well done @Arjimlad . That last picture looks like the climb through Middleyard/Selsley from King's Stanley. One of my favourite climbs around Stroud because of the way it goes up like a flight of stairs with regular rests in between the steep bits. Great views to the side as you climb, too. Not sure I'd want to do it in the middle of a 100 miler, though!
That's the one, it was the first proper climb of the day about 27 miles in, shortly followed by the climb out of Nailsworth up to the common !

galaxy

Veteran
Well the rain stopped today. By the time the Dog was walked, which I so enjoyed. Then with Mum passing away last weekend sorting through some things took most of the day. So I was grateful to grab around 12 local smiles with the Mrs. Did the church run (not that I’m religious). Just makes a nice circular route passing 2 churches then home for a slice of homemade Victoria Sponge.

Katherine

Guru
Yesterday morning turned out to be lovely weather, bright blue skies, just a bit of cold wind. I took the 30 mile club ride to Kenyon Hall Farm. There were 8 of us and they all enjoyed it. Then to get the imperial half I added a loop up to Heaton Park which takes me up and down 2 straight steep hills. I set of the speed warning going down Stoneclough (34mph), nice new tarmac and all the pot holes at the bottom have gone ^_^. Unfortunately coming back down to Agecroft I had to brake for the cars waiting at the roundabout at the bottom.

Yesterday was the last day for the Bee-in-the-City trail. I haven't had time to see many but I knew there was a bee in Heaton Park. I found it by the bee hives!
PSX_20180923_195202.jpg
PSX_20180923_194925.jpg

Top Bottom